Birds in the Underbelly

Sterlingg

We have a North Trail 32BHDS 2010. Last year I just spent hours pulling out twigs from the back bumper because birds were able to get in there and start making some nests. I put some wire mesh in and it didn't work that great. What the problem seems to be is that little flap, while giving better access to the lights and wiring, doesn't help at all to keep critters out of that underflooring. I noticed the birds could access the entire underflooring area from that hole. Not cool.

so for this year, I am going to be a little more proactive... anyone else with this issue and any good solutions? Looks like I will have to block up access to the lights which I don't like...

jimtoo

Hi Sterlingg,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I do not know about your North Trail or the access the birds have... but duct tape cures everything. I'm sure some of the other owners will jump in with a better answer than mine soon. :)

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Join the crowd with birds nesting. They have been in my hitch pen and the little groove on the slide topper. Thank goodness I found them before they layed eggs. Just have to keep an eye for them in the spring.

bill40

We had the same problem with the BC. In the underbelly and the frame I used spry form. In the hitch I was able to cut some foam from a old sofa cushion and wedged it all the openings. I think Jim's duck tape may be best for the back of the lights. Our bumper has a rubber plug on the ends. Good luck they can be tough.

hoefler

Take some old pantyhose, throw some moth balls in them and tie it in a knot. Throw the pantyhose/moth balls in the opening that the critters are getting into. It will keep the critters, wasp, and spiders out.