Moving on.

brains77396

Today we traded our MPG 186 in on a 23RBK Gulfstream Visa. The MPG is a good little trailer, but it is just that, little. Wanted to move up to the Edge M-22, but our Heartland dealer was so far off on what they offered us in trade-in there was no way we could go with the Edge. $4,000 is a lot of difference to pay to go play in a smaller camper line, so we went to a different dealer and brand. Enjoyed the Forum while we were here and wish you all many days and nights of fun filled travel and camping. :cool:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sorry to see you go but maybe later you can move up to the Big Horn or Landmark. Enjoy your RVing....

camr

One item you may check is if the Visa still ships with bias ply tires. Last year they were standard issue, and this compromise scared the crap out of us. Bias ply tires went out in the '90's, maybe even the '80's. This was the single biggest issue that made up our minds to purchase the Edge over the Visa. I can accept other compromises, but not such a large one as bias ply tires.

brains77396

Nissan-Visa.JPGAs best as I could see with a weak flashlight, the tires are 205/75-14 bias tubeless tires. The max payload is 1760 lbs. Multiply that by four and I have a total capacity of 7040 lbs. The trailer weighs 3502 lbs, so the tires are at 50% of their full working load. This is like drag racing. Good or bad you got to run what you brung. Bet you there are a lot of 5th wheels running around out there, regardless of the type of tires, that wish they were only working at 50%. Using a sway bar but not a WDH as the tongue weight is only 370 lbs. Dealer suggested I try it like that and come back for WHD hitch if needed. Got 13.1 MPG dragging it home with our Titan. Got 13.5 pulling our MPG with our Frontier.

Last edited:

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Congratulations on the new rig. Looks Good! I dont blame you at all, $4000 difference in trade in would convince me to go a different route also. Enjoy the new Gulfstream. Dont have to stop coming by here tho, lots of good information and people here no matter what brand you own. As far as the tires go, you will be fine. Just like radial tires they wil need to be replaced before you wear them out anyway.

Happy camping,
Wesley