Fresh water tank ???

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I have been laid up for a few months and been trying to catch up on all the fine posts here and not been able to post a few questions of my on.
I have been concerned with all the posts on the fresh water tank problems and want to make sure mine is ok before warranty expires. While looking at the under belly it seems where the tank sets the covering is about 1 inch lower in that area,is this normal?
I also do not have vent houses hanging underneath, like most have said leaked while filling or on trips. Just wondered if I was the only one still looking for all these hoses. I really believe at this point my only vent is at the fill neck because it acts like my old trailer and I have to fill rather slow or it belches water out the fill hole.
On our last trip of the season we went to a dog show approx. 200 miles carrying a full tank of water and never lost a drop that I could tell and the tank is still in the cradle. Just wondering if I should be more concerned or is mine a better fix from the factory. --- Ken

Tom of Ypsi

Ken,

The underside of my trailer has the same problem, the cover is sitting about 1" lower than the rest. I am going to drop the underside cover when it warms up a little more and I suspect I will find the same as everyone else, little suport for the tank. The vent hoses for a Big Horn I have no idea but my guess is they are stuck up underneath the underside covering and that is why they are not visiable.

Uncle Rog

Check out general discussions, we have pretty much covered most of the issues with the tank in the Warranty / Repairs thread. If you fill your tank until overflowing if your lines are in the liner water will come out if you lower or raise the front end, then if you meter the water from the drain you should see if you have an issue with usability, if you don't I bet you are the only one!

timk

Guys,
One inch, I wouldnt be too worried. Mine was 3-4 inches, before the brace. It still droops a bit to the front and back of the brace.
TimK

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I guess wondering now, do the later '07- '08 still suppose to have the three vents hanging out of the belly cover? I don't have a hole cut in the belly if they were suppose to or just forgot to run them outside. If my tank was leaking from the vents when filling or on my trip I should have seen water dripping under the trailer somewhere right? I filled the tank till water came out fill and did'nt notice anymore sag than what was already there. Ken