how long does it take to build?

timbuktu

The wife and I are trying to make the final decision on either the 3950 HD or 3800 HD and plan on ordering soon. Just curious, from the time we order, approximately how long does it take to actually build the unit? And if I'm not mistaken, there is a shortage of drivers to deliver the completed units to the dealerships so delivery time varies, so just best guess on build times would be appreciated. Thanks!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I just ordered a Landmark back about mid January and it just got to the dealer on Sunday. I would think about 8 weeks max for you.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
It was!!! No we have to wait 2 more weeks to get down to Florida. So it will be 10 long weeks for us...

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
After you order your coach, the dealer will get a VIN#. At that point the dealer can give an ETA on the build and finish date. I would say...6 to 8 weeks is about normal.

bggrndodge

I ordered mine in Late January, it will be done March 17th, and they are delivering it to Alaska by the 27th. They told me the process is 6 weeks but it really only takes 5 days to build it. As far as drivers, they had no problem with mine.

SabBumNim

UNI Tae Kwon-Do Club
I ordered my Sundance XLT 287 RL or January 29th.
Construction was completed @ Elkhart on March 2nd.
It was delivered to an Iowa dealer on March 9th.
I will have the hitch installed and do the walk through on March 23rd.

timbuktu

Great, thank y'all for the feedback. That's sorta what I expected. Now just gotta get the trip planned to tour the factory before we order. Any recommendations on places to stay? I'll be flying in...so no RVing on this trip.

RLS

We went to the 2011 Hershey PA RV show. We did the paper work there, but it took the dealer ship about 1-2 weeks to secure finance and finish all their paperwork. We are looking for delivery hopefully by 10-21-11. They told us the exact day that they started building our unit, and said it only takes 5 days to build. Also the dealer put our order in as "hot", which means it needs to be shipped right away. We hope it's in by the weekend of the 22nd because we already have camping plans for the next weekend. At least we still have our old camper.:)

jimtoo

Hi RLS,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I hope you get your new Heartland and make lots of great memories with it. When you do go for delivery, do a very through PDI... check it all from top to bottom.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M

RLS

Thank you very much. and yes we plan on staying at the dealer ship over night to get a good feel for the unit. Plus they need to install my hitch in my truck and we need to off load our old trailer onto this new unit. So hopefully during the time were there we will have plenty of time to make sure everything is in working order. Plus they said they have hookups so we can even try out all of the plumbing. Yea we can't wait.