Edge - Conversion of dining table to bed

scrow595

We just brought home our new 2011 M22 and looking forward to our first night out! My question, which the dealer couldn't really answer, is how to convert the dining table area to a bed. I looked in the owner's manual and couldn't find anything there either. We tried placing the table on the supports but wasn't sure it would hold 50 lbs...sure wouldn't want someone sleeping on it and the table/bed collapsing in the middle of the night! Suggestions? Thanks so much.

jimtoo

Re: ATF: Edge - Conversion of dining table to bed

Hi scrow595,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I just cannot believe that a dealer would do a delivery and not show you how to change the table into a bed. This is one of the primary things in the Edge units. Please stay tuned and don't give up hope. I'm sure some of the other owners will guide you through the change from table to bed.

I am moving this to a better place for other owners to assist.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M

camr

scrow995, there is a board that is placed between the seats where the table normally is. The cushions then go on the board to make the "mattress". The board in our Edge was found under one of the bunk mattresses. Hope this helps.
C am

scrow595

Thank you camr! I will look under the bunk matresses. If not there I will contact the dealer.

Zeman

Ditto on camr's advice. The queen bed also lifts up too for storage underneath.

New M-22 owners here as well. On our shakedown cruise. The dinette / bed conversion must not be a hot topic of training across the general dealership personnel. Our walkthru at delivery question about the conversion stumped our seller too. It was only after I suggested to him that the board in the basement would fit better than the table top that the light bulb went on and he suddenly realized that the board he had removed from the trailer (I guess thinking it was left over from the production line) was actually supposed to be used in the conversion. He quickly apologized for the error, retrieved the board from his spare parts inventory and demonstrated the correct application. We joined the Forum a couple of weeks prior to taking delivery of our unit, and this thread was quite advantageous. Thank you for the assistance!