Surge Protector

davebennington

Has anyone installed a hard wired surge protector in a Heartland coach in particular a Landmark? I would like to do this however I am not sure how to go about the task. I know it would be alot easier to purchase a portable but I have heard they grow legs and walk off on you.

Dave

Cooper

I use single plugin surge protectors from Lowe's for my icebox, tv's, microwave and furnace. For just a few dollars and it seems to work great. My icebox has been down 4 times until I got a surge protector and plug into it. I have not had a bite of trouble for less than $30.00

davebennington

Cooper

I gave some thought to doing just that however with all of the electronics in the trailer I was hoping I could protect everything with one unit.

dave

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
I saw one in Quartzsite this year. It was a surge protector and also was an autoformer. I will lok up the info. I think at one time it was called freds autoformer. There was one that could be hardwired in. The Hughs autoformer does not surge protect and was more$$

Tom of Ypsi

I saw on the New Horizons 5th wheel website they offer a hard wired surge suppressor, Intermatic Panel Guard Model IG 3240RC. According to Intermatic's web site these are at Lowes and Home Depot. Both places looked at me like I was nuts and wanted to sell me seperate surge protectors for everthing in the coach. I have read on RV.net that doing it this way is not as protective as a hard wired whole house or the portable one.