ATF: Road Warrior - RW305 generator exhaust idea

szewczyk_john

Why was the generator exhaust on the 305 ended directly underneath the underbelly storage door? Many people must attach an exhaust upright pipe to eliminate the exhaust up over the roofline. Those kits would make it impossible to get into the underbelly which also contains the connection center. Poor design in my opinion as I see an awful lot of people using the exhaust extenders. Not a big deal to move it. While I'm at it, would it be safe to use ABS plastic to make my own stack and save some cash? Those stack kits are made from a polycarbonate resin. Did anyone else make their own?

rustyshakelford

Why was the generator exhaust on the 305 ended directly underneath the underbelly storage door? Many people must attach an exhaust upright pipe to eliminate the exhaust up over the roofline. Those kits would make it impossible to get into the underbelly which also contains the connection center. Poor design in my opinion as I see an awful lot of people using the exhaust extenders. Not a big deal to move it. While I'm at it, would it be safe to use ABS plastic to make my own stack and save some cash? Those stack kits are made from a polycarbonate resin. Did anyone else make their own?

my neighbor has a 3010 similar to mine and made his own exhaust extension out of some conduit. He bent it towards the rear, then bent the 90 to run it above the roof. He had to take off the decorative chrome tip but i think i will anyways because it vibrates. I dont know if i would use plastic...

brett

porthole

Retired
One of my thoughts on the Cyclone 3010 (same as the 305) is to run the exhaust straight back to the rear of the trailer. Plan B or C would be to have it exit behind the rear wheels on the side or just extend the pipe about 2 feet and have it exit just to the rear of where it exits now. That way the rooftop extension will not be an issue.

FWIW, when I was researching trailers all the other Toy Haulers I looked at had the exhaust exiting in the same relative position front to back but on the right hand side! Right where you would be sitting.

truknutt

Committed Member
Don't use plastic to close to the metal exit as it is really hot! I have both the Genturi system for outside and when the rig is in storage I fab'd an extension using 1.5" conduit from Lowe's to carry the exhaust out thru my garage door; similar to the idea used at a mechanic's garage.

On the Genturi you'll notice that the metal elbow doesn't come in direct contact with the PVC. Outside cool air is allowed to enter the PVC tube which cools the exhaust as it exits. The Venturi effect helps pull the exhaust up the stack.