How does the factory bike rack work?

delrkn

I have a Sundance XLT265RK with factory bike rack option and rear slide tray. How are the bikes secured with this setup? Dealer had no clue and there are no instructions. There is a vertical square post in the rear with single eye bolt near the top. I could really use some advice, a picture would be great!

I have used rear bumper bike racks, and have messed up my share of bumpers and bikes. Things get jolted around more than you think back there, so they have to be well secured.

Dan Larkin

wobly

I'm glad you asked this question. I haven't figured out how to properly secure the bikes to that single eyelet on the square pole. The dealer wasn't any help, either.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My bro had an SOB with the same rack. He just used some foam pipe wrap on the bike frames for protection and bought a bunch of ratchet straps and strapped em down.
It's that simple.

Peace
Dave

kcour2006

Yes, I am a new owner and although this looked like a great feature, I can't figure out how to keep the bikes steady during storage. Any pictures would be ideal. Thanks everyone!

jimtoo

Hi kcour2006,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure someone will be in before long to help you with question.

Meanwhile enjoy the forum.

Jim M