King Size Mattress??

beaverfan

Oregonian
Our mattress measures 69x78. It has become uncomfortable in our 09 Landmark. I can't find a replacement mattress anywhere to fit those deminsions. Bed is in slideout and no room to go up to a standard 72" mattress. Anyone know where we can find this size mattress? Wonder where Heartland buys them and why they claim this is a king size bed.

2010augusta

It should be a standard "RV King" and should measure out to be 70" x 80". I found several local mattress makers that could make a custom replacement. Camping world or other large RV store should have replacements too.

I cut down the bed frame about 9" and replaced it with a very nice Queen mattress.

boatdoc

We just replaced our's while down South. We ordered it thru a small RV furniture store in Parker AZ. and had it within a week. As Alan says, I'm sure you can have one made any size you want and normally they charge for the next size up which would be a King. Our's is 70"x80" and almost twice as thick as the old one, it just slid under the nightstand shelves in our '09 BH3670. What a difference it is compared to the old. I know there is a Restonic builder here in Oregon and they do build to fit beds as I checked into them some last year.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just replaced ours with this one. The factory mattress was too mushy for my back.
http://www.plushbeds.com/deluxe-foam-rv-mattress-p-101.html
This bed was only around $700 with AAA discount, shipped to our park site.

I was used to a Tempurpedic at home, so I am hard to please. I have to say I am very surprised at how great this bed is, for a fraction of the cost of a T-pedic.
I don't give many testimonials, but after sleeping on this bed for a week, I would give it very high ratings.
We got the 8", 72"x80" and it fits on our BH king platform perfectly. (I believe they make custom sizes, if needed)
I highly recommend this bed, if you like a memory foam mattress.
Pay a ton of money for "custom" if you like, but this bed rates with a Tempurpedic.
Plus there is a 90 day return policy if you don't like it, for some reason.

Last edited:

rvn4fun

We stopped in Roswell, New Mexico and had our king bed custom made there. Factory bed was completely worthless after nine months.

beaverfan

Oregonian
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me the name of the store in Parker and if they have a website or e-mail contact.

Rickhansen

Look into the standard California King size mattresses. They are 4" longer and 4" narrower than a Standard King Size. Mattresses and Sheets are more easily found. We have a California King Tempurpedic in our 3670 and it works fine. I was concerned of the added length when closing the slides, but the mattress has enough give so there is no problem.

Birchwood

I can't answer your questions but the mattress in our Landmark became uncomfortable after a year.
I reduced the bed frame by 4 inches (as not to lose storage) and replaced it with a residential
queen size mattress.We enjoy the extra space around our bed and the bed comfort is ,well,
like living in our residence.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We replaced our RV king (70X80) with a 72X80 Select Comfort. I know, a little expensive for a "camper" but we were full time and since we had to live in it, the select comfort was the best option for us. With the air bed OR a Tempurpedic type bed, the 72" width is not a problem.

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
WOW the king matteress in our 3585 sleeps like a dream. the wife and I both have back problems and were really pleased with this bed.. Although we have only slept on it 4 nights so far, I think it will be just as good as the one we have at home.. Time will tell.. at least i know now the options available thanks to all of you on this forum..
Thanks Larry

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We replaced our 72" x 80" King mattress. We went to a custom mattress shop and had a natural foam rubber mattress with a 3" topper made 71" x 80". This gives us a little bit more room to slide the mattress in and out.

It sleeps great and may keep it if we ever sell our trailer.

That is what we did and enjoy sleeping on it.
BC

caissiel

We did like Birchwood after one week sleeping on the original fgactory mattress. Reduced the fram by 12" and everything is a world of difference in our Bedroom.