ATF: Big Country - Front legs travel

Bob Vaughn

The reason I ask this is last weekend at the Fl. Rally when I extended the front legs they stopped before the camper was level and by the way the switch is wired backwards. When you push extend they retract and when you push retract they extend. I wonder if it is just a matter of reversing the wires....

jnbhobe

Thats all it is just reverse the wires. Just watch out for jumpers that may be used if it is a double pole double throw switch. I thought Flordia was all level, souldn't run out of adjustment there.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
You might try popping the switch out and reversing it. Leave the wires in place. As for landing gear length of travel, I always run out 3 to 4 inches of leg before dropping the center section of the legs. This gives me plenty of travel either way for most any situation. After you've used the rig a few times you become used to how much travel it needs to get the truck out from under the nose and you can adjust your set-up accordingly.
In other words, if you come in to a site and your nose high, you'll know to extend a bit further before dropping the leg extensions. This will give you enough travel to drop the nose to level. If you come in nose down, you don't need to extend as far before dropping the extensions. Giving you more travel to raise the nose.

Bob Vaughn

One more question, does the pin that goes thru the legs go thru both sides or just the outside hole??

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That pin should go through both sides. But, when it goes through the inside hole it just makes it. There may be less than 1/8" protrusion.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
One more question, does the pin that goes through the legs go through both sides or just the outside hole??
Mine only comes flush with the hole on the inside of the leg. I check it every time I move the legs both up or down. I've tried to make it part of my routine.

B

bwwalczak

The motor will extend the legs 37". This does not include extra with snap jacks.