Prosepective North Trail 22FBS Owner

gdkodiak

We never owned an RV, but are considering purchasing a North Trail 22FBS.

We live in Alaska and for now at least our use would be right here in the Greatland and the Yukon Territory. We would appreciate any reviews, praises and criticisms of the North Trail line as well as Hearland in general.

Thanks in advance!

jimtoo

Re: Prosepective Norht Trail 22FBS Owner

Hi gdkodiak,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The North Trail is a very popular trailer, one of the top sellers of the Heartland line. The Heartland people are really good about taking care of their customers with service after the sale. The Heartland Brand Managers and others from the plant also monitor a couple of areas of the forum here to help and answer questions.

Enjoy the forum and hopefully we will see you down the road in your North Trail.

Jim M

pegmikef

We bought a North Trail 26LRSS last December and have towed it to several parks for a total of about 1k miles. We have not had any of the issues that I have read about in this forum (so far anyway). Everything has worked correctly right out of the box except I had to screw with the builtin dvd player to get the sound from the tv to play through the trailer speakers. I did have to fix one cabinet door, but it was a simple fix. We were lucky to have a good dealer and had a very thorough walk thru. They even sent me a replacement swivel rocker for one that had some very minor "rub" damage on the back of it (so minor neither my wife nor I noticed it). Before the NT we had an Edge M21 (also made by Heartland) for several months and again we had no problems in about 3k miles. We just wanted something a little bigger. From my short exposure to two of their products, I can recommend Heartland (remembering that I am certainly no expert RVer).

irvin56

There are a few members from Alaska on here, can maybe look up a few on here. Start a thread on "Alaska members check in " in the general forum and they may show up. You may even live in the same place.

We have our 31QBS (4 bunks in backrroom) for 3 full seasons, this will be 4. We have had no major issue with it. The ones we did the dealer and heartland stepped up and fix with no questions asked. I would and will buy another North trail or any other line from heartland.

Irvin

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

We had a North Trail and loved it. Upgraded for more room, but the NT was our first RV ever. Very well constructed and only minor issues with some of the appliances, but that wasn't Heartland's fault. All covered under warranty. For the price point, I haven't seen anything that compares in features or quality. When we bought ours, the 22fbs wasn't made yet. But I definitely like that floor plan for a first-time RV!

gdkodiak

Thanks for the input. I have done a lot of research on the North Trail and have compared it to the products offered by the other manufacturers. It seems to be the best value, well made, and Heartland appears to stand behind their product.

Despite all of my reseach and the reviews of the various magazines and recommendations of dealers, the most reliable and trusted evaluation is that made by a current or former owner. Your candid observations speaks volumes and your willingness to share them are truly appreciated.

If you ever plan to visit Alaska, please let us know!