Going rates for RV towing

ChopperBill

Anyone have any idea what going rate for towing a fifth wheel for hire would be? Cant seem to come up with anything.

mufflerman

chopperbill,
I do a lot of hauling for rv dealerships and private party.
I charge dealerships .85 cents per mile plus fuel, and private party's charge is $1.20 - $1.35 per mile with a $50.00 minimum.
Hope this helps.

BluegrassMan

Hi Mufflerman:

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but why a dealer .85 and a private customer 1.20-1.35 ? the reason I ask this is, My Fuel pump went out of my Dodge, I called the closest Dodge dealer to where I brokedown. The heard the toetruck driver tell the billing dept. $87.00. When I paid my bill for everything, the tow bill was $117.00! I asked about the difference, I was told since "WE" called the Tow company for YOU. This is our price! Right there and then I figured I was getting hosed. Had "I" called the tow company it would have been different?

ChopperBill

mufflerman said:
chopperbill,
I do a lot of hauling for rv dealerships and private party.
I charge dealerships .85 cents per mile plus fuel, and private party's charge is $1.20 - $1.35 per mile with a $50.00 minimum.
Hope this helps.
Would that be loaded mile or total miles. Thanks.

ChopperBill

Thanks! I am hauling one for a friend and getting about $1.35 per loaded mile this weekend. Not really looking forward to it but didnt want to get screwed either.

ChopperBill

Thanks for the info. Did that little deed today. Left at 6 this morning and was back tonight at 8:30. Around 900 miles. Hard day but lined my pocket with a little spending money. Now maybe Renee will let me buy that 32" LCD for the Bighorn. :D