Upgrading 6000 lbs to 7000 lbs springs

DXprowler

I really don't like the look of my springs and I wouldn't mind changing them out. BTW I was told by the dealer via Lippert that they're OK??? They look flat to me!

Has anyone done this? I just want to change the springs and not the axles. I would imagine the width and length to be the same but don't know for sure so looking for 1st hand experience.

Indecently, the coach came with lots of rust and the white paint is a rust inhibitor that I applied.

CurbRear.jpg DriversFront.jpg DriversRear.jpg CurbFront.jpg

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bill, when our springs took a dive....Lippert replaced them with the 7K springs and wet bolts. It did raise the Horn a tad bit, not much about a 1/2" or so. The trailer even rides a little better, less sway on turns. Been almost 2 years now and the springs still have a good arc to them. SO...YES and install wet bolts. BTW, they won't be rusty either.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Like Bob, I put the 7k springs on. Was a 3400RL. Do the wet bolts as prescribed by Dr. Bob.
Go for it.

Peace
Dave

branson4020

Icantre Member
You have the same springs I had. Mine looked a liitle worse before I changed them out with 3500 lb EMCO springs. It's a pretty easy job if you're a DIY kind of guy. Do a search on this forum and you'll find lots of info.

caissiel

I replaced all my spring for nothing the new 7000Lbs looked exactly the same as the old 7000Lbs springs. My problem was the U Bolts were to loose alowing the springs to bent backward.
The u-bolts and plates were changed with thicker and 9/16" dia.and the plates now are flatter then before

DXprowler

Tnx for the info guys! I did phone Lippert and got a price but they ship UPS which is not good when crossing the border. I have some options and will have to figure out which one to choose to get them here.

DXprowler

You have the same springs I had. Mine looked a liitle worse before I changed them out with 3500 lb EMCO springs. It's a pretty easy job if you're a DIY kind of guy. Do a search on this forum and you'll find lots of info.

Bob... I'm curious about the EMCO springs. Where did you order them and can they supply U bolts and and wet bolts? The price on their web site is half that of Lipperts! For me doing the change over would not be a problem. Easy job, just time consuming!

noobee

Most lippert spring are from western Canada in Alberta I think
[/URL]

Not sure about this... I had Standen's install 7K sets to replace the Lippert 6K sets. The old ones had Made in China written on them while the new ones were manufacturer in Standen's plant in Calgary.

CS

DXprowler

My dealer parts man gave me a number for a supplier that's local. It's called Cerka Industries located in Milton not too far from where I live and they carry the Standen springs. A 3500 Lbs spring is $44 and UPS shipping for 100 lbs worth is about $45. The have wet bolts and solid 5/8" U bolts. I had to take my trailer into the dealer today (long boring and frustrating story, etc... but this stuff happens) so I can't measure the bolt length until I get it back. Anyone know it offhand? Might save me some time. Do I need the 3" or the 3.5" bolt? I'm thinking 3" but not 100%.

Here's a link to the spring: http://www.cerka.ca/comersus7f/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=98

Last edited: