Decals

FSwanger

I have a 2005 Landmark that I had to leave in he desert for two summers. The sun took it's toll on the decals, so they must be replaced. Is there anywhere I can get replacements for that year? I have already checked with Heartkand customer support and was told they no longer have them. Thanks, Floyd

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Have you thought about just getting them painted on? It might be cheaper in the long run as it is very hard and labor intensive to remove the old ones (been there done that) and it is a fine art to apply the new ones. By the time you pay the labor it could be less expensive to get them painted on.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
My thoughts exactly. When mine takes a dive I will mask off the outline of the old decals and have someone "air brush" new ones one to match??..the old stuff. Have heard that 303 protectant works to preserve them.

Last edited:

FSwanger

Thanks, I had a guy quote for cleaning and painting the stripes on one side at $1600.00. To rich for my pocket book. I just thought I might find the decals cheaper. I know that taking the old ones off and cleaning the glue would be hard and time consuming but I have much more time than money. Thanks again. Floyd

jmgratz

Thanks, I had a guy quote for cleaning and painting the stripes on one side at $1600.00. To rich for my pocket book. I just thought I might find the decals cheaper. I know that taking the old ones off and cleaning the glue would be hard and time consuming but I have much more time than money. Thanks again. Floyd

Here is my advise for what it is worth... I removed the shrunken decals on mine and the glue was a bit.. to get off. I tried everything from gasoline to acetone and then some. The best thing I found was a product call Vinyl Off. I only found it online. It was expensive but did work. A plastic scraper helped as well. It took many many hours of elbow grease to get it off. Never again will I do it myself. I will definately pay someone to do it. Been there done that and even had the blisters to prove it.

jbeletti

Here is my advise for what it is worth... I removed the shrunken decals on mine and the glue was a bit.. to get off. I tried everything from gasoline to acetone and then some. The best thing I found was a product call Vinyl Off. I only found it online. It was expensive but did work. A plastic scraper helped as well. It took many many hours of elbow grease to get it off. Never again will I do it myself. I will definately pay someone to do it. Been there done that and even had the blisters to prove it.

Jim,

What did you do after you got the decals and residue off? Have you replaced the decals with more decals, had them painted on or leaving the canvas blank for now? If you've got a price on painted decals, please share it if you can.

Jim

jmgratz

I replaced the decals with decals. It is tricky to put them on and my job is not as professional as the factory but at least they are on they. BTW do not make a cut on any bubbles because the decals have a tendency to shrink and leave a small gap where the cut is. Don't ask how I know. Think if I had to do it again I would just leave the old ones on of if I took the old ones off I would just leave it blank.

Hoppy45

Re decals a word of caution to anyone applying wax to their rig....don't put wax on the decals as they are vinyl. The vinyl needs a UV protectant as far as I know. So wax the rig first...then apply protectant to the vinyl decals. Wax on the decals may make them "bake" in the hot sun.

Birchwood

Contact Bruce Fielis at Performance Graphics 574-294-3100.They supply decals to Heartland and are very accomodating.
I had the gold decals replaced on my 2009 Landmark because they turned black after 8 months of ownership.
They specially made the new decals with a UV protector that will hopefully not turn black and after 3 months in the Florida sun still ok.
I removed the old decals easily with a heat gun and had the new ones professionally
installed for less than $300.

charlie51

What is a good protectant to put on the decals? My sticker on the front of my 2009 Sundance TT is peeling up around the edges. It may be too late to do anything, but I might could keep it from getting worse.

dprince99

303 Aerospace Protectant on decals, although a person at Rejex company told me that their product could be used on both decals & RV finishes