Bc 3510rl

Rob_Fla

Fianlly got the see a BC 3510RL in person today.
Both me and wife were quite impressed with the layout, features, fit and finish of the coach, looks like this will be the one for us.
The improvements and upgrades to the Big Country product line can be seen everwhere in the coach and it just has that solid feel throughout.
Even though some people do not like the Pass Thru Bathrroom floorplan, we have had them before and really like the extra room, we think Heartland has a winner with the 3510.
I am a little concerned about the high Pin Weight of the 3510.
Hope to get all the financials in order in the next few weeks so we can move forward on a 3510.

Robert

caissiel

I have a hard time to beleive the pin weight is 2945LBS, I have the same 2009 model with same approximat layout and I pull quite nicely with my F250. Its more like loaded pin weight to me. Mine was published as 2060LBS.

JonV

We ordered ours when it was a 3500rl ;-)

Got an email detailing the changes that make it a 3510RL and went with it. We've been sold on the split bath for a long time, much more room. We had the good fortune of meeting Bryan at the Tampa RV show in January and spent time with DW until she was 100% certain.

We've moved everything from our titanium over and are just waiting for some custom mods before taking final delivery.

We plan on our first outing next week as long as it doesn't snow too much.;)

Rob_Fla

Sounds great JonV, Please keep us posted of how it goes with the first outing.

Can you expand on the custom mods you are getting before delivery?

Hope you enjoy you new Big Country.

Robert

JonV

Sounds great JonV, Please keep us posted of how it goes with the first outing.

Can you expand on the custom mods you are getting before delivery?

Hope you enjoy you new Big Country.

Robert

We're making some mods in cabinetry. If they're not done in time we'll pick it up anyway. The way the weather looks outside right now we might be doing a test of the thermal insulation and furnace! It's snowing like crazy! :mad:

JonV

Well , anyone know the pin weight , I`m not sure that the weight posted is correct either. Thank`s

After picking up our 3510RL and moving things over from our previous trailer we weighed our truck at a CAT scale with and later without our BC connected. We may have used 2 gal of fuel between weighings.

The scale tickets indicated, again partially loaded, 10,400 lb on the trailer axles, 100 lb on the truck front axle and 2600lb on the drive axle.

YaShouldaGotaDiesel

Congratulations on your new coach.
Thats a couple of hundred pounds less than the advertised estimated pin weight. Partially loaded ? Just where did you load it on the trailer?

JonV

Congratulations on your new coach.
Thats a couple of hundred pounds less than the advertised estimated pin weight. Partially loaded ? Just where did you load it on the trailer?

By partially loaded I meant that there was no food and not much clothing, nothing at all in the tanks but pretty much everything else we take with us when we're using the trailer. Oh, and we brought the mattress over from our previous trailer since we bought it less that a year ago... it weighs at least twice as much as the one that came with our BC. (and probably cost 5 times as much, a comfy bed makes a happy camper ;))