Timk's tent in the vent revisted

ChopperBill

After I finished up the thermostat project I thought I would "touch up" my tent in the vent. Last summer when I was doing it I fell off the ladder almost killing myself right after I did a the initial install. I could see where it could use some smoothing out and it made kind of a whistling noise when it was on. I got my roll of furnace tape and went to work. Every ragged corner and opening that seemed to go no where was taped up and made as smooth as possible for a good transition of air. That duct work needs A LOT of attention. When I got done and fired her up the whistling was gone and even MORE air was going though the vents. A very cheap and easy "up grade". Thanks again Tim!

Last edited by a moderator:

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Bill , you just reminded me that mines not done yet. I got all the guides ,pictures printed and the materials --guess I need to get busy.
I learned you need to stay extra carefull around ladders. I fell off one in December , broke my shoulder , hip and back , not very cool:cool: ,but getting better and ready to pull that trailer instead of looking at it.
Ken

Uncle Rog

I just bought a new ladder, the instruction manual on page one emphasizes that the first rule is not to fall off the equipment, since I always read the instructions and after reading your posts they might be onto something.....hope all is better........UR