brand new Jensen all in one will not play CD or DVD

firemailwv

My Big Country is one week old and today I was out loading it thought I would play a cd. The radio was already on and I slid the CD to the opening. The unit sucked the CD in, but then just made a constant whine as if it was trying to read the CD. After this went on for several minutes, I turned the power off and it continued to make the same noise. Upon further inspection, I see that the CD is about a 1/4 to a 1/2 inch in the slot. I can still see the cd edge. I then used a small screw driver to slide the cd back to where I could retrieve it. I thought maybe something was wrong with the CD, so I tried a brand new DVD and the same thing. The unit trying to load the disk, but it hanging up somewhere inside.

Can anyone help me?

The unit goes through the other settings fine after I moved the antenna plug from the external IR input to the antenna input. Someone was in too much of a hurry installing...

JENSENRVdirect

My Big Country is one week old and today I was out loading it thought I would play a cd. The radio was already on and I slid the CD to the opening. The unit sucked the CD in, but then just made a constant whine as if it was trying to read the CD. After this went on for several minutes, I turned the power off and it continued to make the same noise. Upon further inspection, I see that the CD is about a 1/4 to a 1/2 inch in the slot. I can still see the cd edge. I then used a small screw driver to slide the cd back to where I could retrieve it. I thought maybe something was wrong with the CD, so I tried a brand new DVD and the same thing. The unit trying to load the disk, but it hanging up somewhere inside.

Can anyone help me?

The unit goes through the other settings fine after I moved the antenna plug from the external IR input to the antenna input. Someone was in too much of a hurry installing...

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

I suspect that the shipping screw was not removed during installation. This locks down the disc drive during shipment. If left in, the disc drive will be inoperable until the shipping screw is removed.

The screw is located on the back of the unit, over the disc drive. The trim ring will need to come off to expose the four screws needed to be removed in order to take the radio from the wall. Once removed, please press the reset button, which is located on the front of the stereo (near the "Dolby Digital" logo).

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

firemailwv

You were correct. I pulled the unit out and voila! even the red tag that says - Remove prior to installation or the CD mechansim will not work - was still there. whoops. Must have been distracted when they installed this one.

NO, no distraction...Heartland did the same to to mine...CD wouldn't play. I pulled the unit and the shipping screw and red warning label still intact. Not my only concern with the AWM970...left audio channels go dad after the unit is on for about 5 minutes. Three months old.