Eastern Regional Rally in Cherokee, NC

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Girls and Guys;

Just got back from 3rd straight weekend out in the coach. Only this one was work related; at a conference for work.
I wanted to talk about the Eastern Regional Rally in Cherokee, NC. For those of you familiar with the area this will be boring, but for the rest it may help you decide whether you would like to go or not.
Cherokee is almost on the boarder of Tennessee and NC, dead in the center of the Blue Ridge Mountains and just southeast of the Smoky Mountain National Park, the most visited park in the nation. The roads from the south are great with 4 lanes all the way to nearly the campground. It’s just over 600 miles from my house in New Smyrna to Cherokee. I95 to I26 to I40 to 74 which is large 4 lane parkway. Don't let anyone take you over US 19; it's too curvy and tight for most campers. A real brake burner. To get back to the point, this is a beautiful place in the spring. Lots of things to see, and do. Gatlinburg is just over the mountain on 441, through the Smoky Mountain National Park. Gatlinburg is a cool place to visit. Tons of things to do and places to eat. Cades Cove is a must see location to visit in the Park. It's an 11 mile loop through the most beautiful rolling pastures, old home places, and interesting living history locations, with lots of wildlife that manage to bring the caravan to a stop frequently. I have ridden my bike through it and prefer that method above all. Seemed we didn't disturb the wildlife as much and could go around stopped vehicles. Back to Cherokee. Dave has some great activities lined up for the Rally. He even has a Cherokee Indian lined up to talk to the group. There are cool creeks, great places to photograph, natural wonders galore. The only thing missing is you.
We are going up on Wednesday, will probably stop along the way to boon dock at rest area or Cracker Barrel the first night and finish the trip into Cherokee Thursday morning. I have to be there Thursday to help with parking on Friday. If you are interested in a caravan to the most beautiful mountain retreat let me know. It should be another great trip.
If you want more information check out the EASTERN REGION RALLY website

Last edited by a moderator:

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Hi Guys;
Just checking in from Cherokee, NC East Coast Regional where we were joined by about 68 happy campers. Dave Yocum put on another great show. The weather was great, 70's during the day and 40's at night. I hope all of you get a chance to attend as many rallies as possible this year. The friendships you build will last a lifetime. Hope to see you at our next get together.
Mickey