Out of the Shop

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We picked up the BH from General RV, Birch Run, this morning. New door glass and frames, new door latch and inner screen to finish the break-in claim. Refrigerator was PM'd and the wheel bearings repacked, along with brake checks.

The 5th Airborne hitch was quite different on the ride back (30 miles, big whoop) than we were used to with the OEM Lippert box. There is a stretch of southbound I-75 that usually sets up a harmonic brain shaker. Barely noticed it. A quick dry fit of the plastic cover looks like it won't be a big deal to modify it to mount it back on. Not sure what to do with the old pin box, though. Anybody in the market for one?

On a slightly sour note, however, is the Lippert warranty coverage on the hydraulic system for the slides. Although not a large expense, they stuck to their unwritten two year warranty and not the 3 yr/5 yr that I found. A couple of O-rings for a selector valve and the labor was less than $60, but it's the principal of it. And it's not like those selector valves get reefed on daily. But it's what I'd expect from them.

As far as the Foremost Insurance claim, no problems. They paid me right away for the two TV's and mounts I ordered from Jensen. Only a slight age depreciation and my deductible. And they sent me the check for General's quote on the damage repairs without a hitch.

And, as in the past, my experience with the service advisor (Jackie) and General RV, Birch Run, was a pleasant one. I still highly recommend them.

Now I just need to wait for it to warm up again and the ground to dry up so I can mount my Reico-Titan jacks, replace the AntennaTek head with the Sensar IV. and work on the TV mounts. Game plan is to have it back up north in early May. Push comes to shove, I can do the jacks and antenna up there before coming down to the Rally in June. Should also have the TST tire monitor set and the ScanGauge II I ordered on board (both on back order).

Wharton

Is this the General RV in MI? I keep a list of "Good Guys" in case I ever need them..................Haven't so far, but you never know.

Dave49

Old pin box brings a little cash to the pocket at the scrap yard, thats what I did. No other options that I could think of after it laying around forever.

Dave

JohnDar

Is this the General RV in MI? I keep a list of "Good Guys" in case I ever need them..................Haven't so far, but you never know.

There are six General RV stores in Michigan. The one that I've dealt with exclusively is located in Birch Run. They've acquired four more stores in other states, as well. My experiences with them have always been very good.

http://www.generalrv.com/locations.aspx

JohnDar

Old pin box brings a little cash to the pocket at the scrap yard, thats what I did. No other options that I could think of after it laying around forever.

Dave

Sounds like a plan. If we ever trade the 3670 for a new one, or just sell it outright, I would leave the 5th AB it on anyways.

gpshemi

Wow...goes to show you that experiences can vary. My visits have been hit and miss. This last one was good, but all the ones before that were terrible. They broke more things then they fixed including a dining room cabinet and a basement door. To make matters worse, they tried to get me in the middle of who should fix the things, General RV or Keystone.