North West Ga Campground (James Flyod State Park)

Stinger381

Spent four days at James "Sloppy" Floyd State Park near Summerville, Ga this past week and simply loved it. It is a small park for sure and only has about 25 campsites but several are pull throughs and the campground is located in a hardwood area and really nice. The bath house was not the greatest but it was decent. The campground host Bruce Crim was very nice and there are a lot of nice walking trails and fishing too! It is kind of remote but that's what we like. Turkeys and ducks were abundant to see and it cost about $28 a night. It was like 15 miles to Rome, Ga or 5 to Summerville, Ga for restocking the fridge. OVerall I have to say we liked the campground.

bluebirdsnfur

As we take possession of our new BC3450 in a few weeks, we will be planning some short weekend trips this summer to get ourselves accustomed to the coach and new way of vacationing. This state park sounds very relaxing and we love hiking. Thank you Stinger381 for sharing this. I will be marking this one down. :)

mikeandconnie

Hey you were only about 5 miles from our house!! We live, or rather our house is in Armuchee Ga. Connie has their family reunions at Sloppy Floyds. We have been in California for 6 months.
With all the rain that Ga has been getting I am sure our grass needs cutting. You were so close you could have cut it. I would not have minded at all!!! LOL
You are correct when you say that it is beautiful country. It is really Beautiful in the Spring. All the dogwoods are in bloom and the smell of sweet shrub will take your breath away.
Mike

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Hey you were only about 5 miles from our house!! We live, or rather our house is in Armuchee Ga. Connie has their family reunions at Sloppy Floyds. We have been in California for 6 months.
With all the rain that Ga has been getting I am sure our grass needs cutting. You were so close you could have cut it. I would not have minded at all!!! LOL
You are correct when you say that it is beautiful country. It is really Beautiful in the Spring. All the dogwoods are in bloom and the smell of sweet shrub will take your breath away.
Mike

The sweet shrub will take your breath away, Randy

Stinger381

Mike

Well I would have .... I had plenty of time to do that. We had all the time in the world to cut grass. Our boys were in Rome playing at a paintball tournament all weekend. We really like the campground. We stayed in Cartersville, Ga the year before at Red Top Mountain State Park and while it was a beautiful State Park as well the campsites were extremely small. They were short and narrow and there were probably only 5 or so that I could have parked our coach in. Now there were several pull though sites neIar the highway but they were not really in the same wooded area and just not what we would have liked to stay in. We were able to get in a site near the water there but I can imagine it would be tough for large campers to get into the nice waterfront spots in the more popular camping months. I won't even talk about that narrow bridge you have to cross to get there!!! If we head back to that area again we'll definitely head back to James Floyd State Park.