Fiberglass side panel UPDATE

bozo

I started a post a few weeks ago about my side panels on my NT 21 FBS. I was wondering if Heartland was as good as you folks say they are when it comes to warranty issuses. My Rig has been in the shop with a broken flush lever, broken window blind, sticking check valve on the city water hook up, leak bethroom faucet, and the big one! a 4 foot wide dipped in place in fiberglass front panel just behind PP tanks that I noticed the day I carried it to the shop. Well I just wanted to let you know Heartland is as good as you say they are. It was a phone call from the shop last week he said you got alot of stuff wrong here but we just got a call from Heartland and all the work has been approved under warranty. Just want to say THANKS HEARTLAND. I didnt even have to get involved they worked with my shop and I should be ready to go next week.

BorgX

Glad to hear this especially since we have the same one!! Do you know what caused the dipping??

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
Good luck with all the repairs. And they should be good to you if it is on warranty, I would think that is a given.
I'l be interested to hear about the dipped in front too.

bozo

BorgX, Just going to give you a update. In short it has been a problem and I'm not happy. They say the dip in the front fiberglass is from inproper bracing this was the word from the shop. Since my last post I have went to pick up the 21FBS. They fixed everything I ask for with Heartlands ok but when I looked at the front my heart almost stopped. I ask the man about the work and believe me when I say its bad he said thats the best they could do. They peeled the front back from the bottom and pushed a brace up in the middle so now I have a dip in both sides along with a lot of ripples down the front just above diamond plate. He said that was what Heartland told them to do. I made them put all this down on paper for me before I left. On the way home I got to thinking that this didnt sound like Heartland and everytime I put my brakes on all I saw was a mirrior full of ripples so I called Heartland. I sent 5 videos of the work that had been done and ask how they liked the work that they paid for and how they like the look of that North Trial. The first thing that the Heartland rep. said was it looks like it has been in a wreck. Amen!! my words exactly and I told him they say thats the best they can do. In my business world that says we know its not good but you can just live with it. The Heartland Rep. said we just want you to be happy and all I want is for my 2011 21 fbs to look like a 2011 model. Heartland has been great they told me to take it back I think I can here the war drums know the war is about to start. I will keep you informed.