Panhandle Rally....input please

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Guys and Girls;

I'm trying to put together another rally for the Panhandle area. Some may question timing but I did get request for this time of year from several folks, especially those with kids. I'm looking at late June early July if we can find a spot. They tell me that it’s their busy season. If you have any inkling that you may want to attend, let me know. We are looking at large rig RV resort with really big sites, beautiful landscapes and less than a mile from beautiful white sand beaches. Topsail hill is out until after mid August, packed. But this site is very nice.
Finding a place that can accommodate larger rigs, when you want to go, is tough. I like summer camping especially with shade trees. I'm looking at Emerald Coast RV Beach Resort in Panama City. Let me have any input.

jbeletti

Man - wish I could be there, but alas, I'll be in other parts of the country. Hope you get a great turnout for this one too.

Jim

Hogladyrider

Keep us in mind, I know you sure have your hands full trying to please everyone, I don't envy your job!

Are you thinking another weekend Rally? Hot, hot, hot for sure, unless there are cool breezes from the ocean.
Susan

Rob_Fla

Hope to get our Big Country 3510RL ordered next month, would try and attend the Panhandle Rally if we are in the area.

Agree that it will be Hot, Hot, Hot and Humid in middle of a North Florida summer, will hope for lots of ocean breeze's.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mickey, the third weekend in June would work really good for Kelly and I. Let me know once you get the date set. As long as it is in late June, I should be good to go.

MICKEY

Latest update;

I tried again to see if we could get into Topsail Hill SP. The best I could do is August 12-14. This date may fill quickly. The problem with SP reservation system is it's hard to do with groups. They wanted a $1200 deposit from me at time reservation. I love ya but can't drop that kind of money right now:) That was for 12 sites.
The other is Emerald Coast RV Beach Resort. Nice place! Large sites, shaded, lots of ammenties, will have a second pool in soon. Dates as of right now is July 15 thru 17 departing 18th. Price is $120.32 for the stay. Beach is 1 mile away, she says breeze comes through at night. Check it out.
OK I have gotten back replies for the Panhandle. Most people have replied that they have things to do, and can't come. All of you who wanted a rally in the Northern end of state and wanted it in the summer so you could bring your kids, let me know. If no interest we will not pursue this. This is a beautiful area of our state. I would love to get in TopSail Hill. Just small hurdles to cross. Again let me know if interested.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Organizing the rally is one way, an alternative is to announce a camp-out (non Heartland sanctioned) at a given location with dates, and where individuals handle own camp reservations. Our experience has been that the campground will try to group us together although not guaranteed. This has worked for us in the past. Camp-out groups tend to be smaller parties, maybe as many as 6 rigs. We would not be able to attend the July Emerald Coast offer, but would like to at least throw on our calendar the possibility of Topsail Hill SP in August. We are attending the TN rally 8/5-8/7 and could consider a ride south for the following weekend. It has been many years since we were in the FL panhandle. Panama City was our favorite get away place on a weekend when stationed at Ft Rucker, Alabama in early 1970's. I think that area has been re-arranged several times By hurricanes since, it would really be nice to visit the area again. Just some thoughts.

MICKEY

Eric and Dorothy;
I think along the same lines. I believe a campout may work better for this. Topsail Hill gets nothing but great reviews. I would like to go there, and maybe others as well. First available seems to be 12 thru 14. I just got back from the Brunswick campground we were looking at for the Tri State Rally. It's very nice, large rig friendly, good prices, great rally center, very nice owner. Trying to get dates firmed up when Randy and Phil meet at Rutherfordton mid April, but I'm shooting for October. Check out Coastal Georgia RV Resort.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Coastal Georgia RV Resort looks like it is just made for a Heartland rally. We'll keep checking for further development.

MICKEY

We have scheduled a Camp Out for TopSail Hill State Park August 12 - 14, 2011. I have started an Event thread that should post in a day or so. Keep your eyes peeled for more information on this great park

Last edited by a moderator:

MICKEY

btmauser;
Fantastic! We will be looking forward to meeting you. Hope you like Low Country Boil.

hillsonwheels

You folks are really making me envious!!! Low country boil!!!!!!!! I can't believe you'd do such a thing without me?????? So many rallies!!!!! Not enuff time!!!! Nor enuff of the "hillsonwheels" to go around! All I can say is ENJOY!