Going fulltime

buster1

The wife and I have decided to go full time. House is for sale. We are buying a lot here in alberta. But here is my problem we want to go to apache juction for the winter. I can't seem to find a rv resort that dosn't have a age restriction as we aren't 55 yet and have a few years to get there. Any help would be great.
Thanks

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The wife and I have decided to go full time. House is for sale. We are buying a lot here in Alberta. But here is my problem we want to go to apache junction for the winter. I can't seem to find a rv resort that doesn't have a age restriction as we aren't 55 yet and have a few years to get there. Any help would be great.
Thanks
buster1 Congrats on your decision, it's a great lifestyle. I think if you call the park you're interested in and talk with them, you might be OK. I think they would allow "adults" in as long as no children are involved. Most parks I've been in that are for "over 55" I've seen folks that certainly don't look that old.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I agree...call the parks! We even bought a lot in a 55+ community in Texas when we were both 53, as HUD laws allow for those between 45-55 to buy into 55+ communities, up to a 20% occupancy from the original developer only. Parks may also have this type of allowance on rentals (as long as no minor children, as Ray mentioned), based on HUD law...which protects the 55+ designation. Worth a phone call!

SmokeyBare

Buster1,

Its been our experience the parks want to fill their sites with RVs who will stay the winter months. What I mean by that is... when we early in the late summer or early fall looking for a site for 2 months they often tell us they are not taking reservations for that short a time span. If your planning on staying in one location for 3 to 4 months you shouldn't have a problem finding a park willing to "Sign You Up". As you might imagine, the more popular parks tend to fill up sooner. Do your research early for the location your selecting and give them a call to find out availability for the dates selected. If your sure of where you want to locate... make your calls in the fall at the latest.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree...call the parks! We even bought a lot in a 55+ community in Texas when we were both 53, as HUD laws allow for those between 45-55 to buy into 55+ communities, up to a 20% occupancy from the original developer only. Parks may also have this type of allowance on rentals (as long as no minor children, as Ray mentioned), based on HUD law...which protects the 55+ designation. Worth a phone call!

So in Texas if you really want a 55+ park, do you need to say its a 65+ park? LOL

Birchwood

Or RV Golf resort in Florida requires that 80 % of its residences are 55 and older.Not sure if thats the
standard? Most parks will welcome younger people with no children and if you start causing problems
like loud music and parties they can just ask your age and ask you to move on.

PUG

Pug
Been to lots of 55 plus parks and haven't been carded. We retired at 55. HUM maybe that is bad!!