Wax for BH3670

StephenKatSea

Next month marks completion of our first year owning a BH3670. We couldn't be happier with it. Biggest maintenance so far was replacing the anode in the water heater. Took all of about 10mins, start to finish. Got some very sound advice via the friendly folks on this great forum. We are fortunate to be able to stay at our BH alot. It is presently located in the Ariz. desert on Lake Havasu. Looking for suggestions for the best finish protection, wax etc. that could be applied this time of year to help protect from the intense summer sun. Our 3670 has decal graphics and wouldn't want to harm those.

Our 5er stayed cool and comfortable during the blazing days of summer and we sure enjoyed our fireplace during the chilly winter nights and mornings.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I like Nu Finish. Both for it's price and it lasts quite a while. The sun will for sure wreak havoc on the front or rear caps. They will require more frequent attention.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I have had really good luck with Rejex. I use it on our RV and on my motorcycle. Makes removing bugs an easy task especially on the front cap of the 5ver. It is not a cleaner nor a wax but rather a sealer that should last 6 months or longer.

Best Wishes!

boatdoc

I use 303 Aerospace Protectant on everything. It's UV blockers are the best I've used and you'll need it there in Havasu. Whatever you use, make sure you coat the caps often while you rig is in the desert. It doesn't take much to do a good job with the 303.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Boatdoc - do you also use 303 Aerospace Protestant on the decals? I have seen where folks wax the decals and they curl up on the edges which I don't want to happen to the BC.

boatdoc

Boatdoc - do you also use 303 Aerospace Protestant on the decals? I have seen where folks wax the decals and they curl up on the edges which I don't want to happen to the BC.

Yes, on everything. From the description, "303 does not contain silicone oils,waxes,glycerin or petroleum distillates. 303 leaves a like new, nonoily, anti-static finish that does not attract dust."
It's not cheap but works very well. I've used it in my boatshop for years and sell it to many customers for their complete boat "spruce up".

rjr6150

Another vote for Rejex. Been using is for 3 years and the BH looks great plus the added fact bugs wash off the front cap easily. Though not cheap bottle is around $20 but one can do both the TV and BH still having little left over

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
picking a wax is like picking out the best bbq joint in a large city, you will get 50 different answers. they mostly all are good.