The Ultimate Self Defense Weapon for the RV and Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW_Gray

Well I say ultimate, but I know that is a matter of one's opinion. I was reading my new digital American Hunter issue and read about Kel Tec's new KSG shotgun coming out soon. Considering the KSG weighs 6.9lbs and is as compact as legally possible with a 26.1" overall length and an 18.5" cylinder bore barrel and has a capacity of 14+1, that got my attention.

The length of this shotgun especially makes it most likely the best self defense shotgun for RV owners. With its short overall length, you should be able to handle the KSG in any RV location. With two magazine tubes holding 7 rounds of 2 3/4" shells in each tube that is manually selected by a lever located behind the trigger guard, you can load up any combination of shot loads for your self defense needs.

I hope to get my hands on one soon. To make it more scary, I think I would add a laser sight on it.

Read more here: Kel Tec KSG Shotgun

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Aw Dave, Just got the wife talked into a $300 Mossberg. Don't think she'll go for $800.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I may need trifocals, but I don't think I need 15 rounds of buckshot to take care of an intruder at close range. Wicked looking weapon, but what are you going after with it that needs those fancy sights?? I've heard, unconfirmed, that beyond 30 yards it becomes murder, not self-defense.

Jellystone

That is one mean looking shotgun. I really like the size and shape of the weapon. I'll have to do the research and see if it will also be available in a 20 gauge model. Those 12's in such a small package sometimes go wild with the "kick". Thanks for the post on it.

SilverRhino

I have to agree with JohnDar.......what's with the sights?? It looks like a "peep" sight to me......on a 12 ga shotgun it seems to be a bit of a waste.

chris4905

I LIKE it and I WANT one !!!!

The peep sight would be very valuable if switching to a magazine tube loaded with slugs (personally I would go with one magazine 00 buck, the other slugs).

Thanks for the lead Dave, I picture one of these under the Christmas tree.

Chris (Retired LE after 32 years service)

branson4020

Icantre Member
I may need trifocals, but I don't think I need 15 rounds of buckshot to take care of an intruder at close range. Wicked looking weapon, but what are you going after with it that needs those fancy sights?? I've heard, unconfirmed, that beyond 30 yards it becomes murder, not self-defense.

Zombies, John. Think about being attacked by a bloodthirsty pack of zombies. This will dismember them - it's the only way to stop 'em.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Zombies, John. Think about being attacked by a bloodthirsty pack of zombies. This will dismember them - it's the only way to stop 'em.

Good point :eek:. I forgot about them critters crawling out of the TV screen late at night.

Wmnmy

Awesome weapon guess what I'm getting for my birthday hahaha (That Shotgun).....

k6fn

K6FN
If you have a hand gun and no shotgun tho, buy yourself ammo called "shotshells" for your particular caliber.. typically shot shells will not go thru the house and possibly harm others..
its certainly good to be protected as there are far too many crazies out there.. thanks for the shotgun info..
jerry

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders

In Oklahoma unless the other person has a gun and threating you, 30 yards would be murder. Even with the castle laws we have in place because the law dosen't see that you are in immediate danger and especially if you have the option of going inside, locking the door and calling the law. That's Oklahoma.

PUG

Pug
Keltec is a very innovative company with many new products. They in the past were considered low quality crap guns. They have turned that all around and are very good about service repairs if that should be needed. I purchased a PF-9 from them about 6 months ago and love this little gun. I say little because it is the smallest concealed carry made in a 9 mm. Thin, light weight and after running about 500 rounds with only one jam (my fault) I very much like it. Not a long range shooter but within 15 yards deadly. I use a DeSantis pocket holster and you would think I have a billfold in my front pocket.

Jimmy

Keltec gets my vote also, been carrying a Keltec 3AT in the pocket all the time for a couple years now.

DBygum

I see that a couple of people have expressed questions about the peep sights; keep in mind it is intended for self defense, against both humans and animals. It's not intended for hunting; so the peep sights make sense. Nice looking shotgun, just got back from Alaska and I think I could have taken it with me through Canada.

Uncle Rog

I still will rely on my Winchester 1200's, 7 + 1 works for me.
We use #1 buck vs 00, If I remeber right, I prefer 15 x .32 vs 9 x .38...............from reading Ruark as a child.
The previous post stated that the weapon was not intended for hunting, the hollow ring sights make it a perfect game getter.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.