Ziggy's Kona

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
As some of you know, we lost our faithful camping buddy, Lucy about a month ago.

This weekend we picked up our new puppy we were hoping Lucy would be able to help train, but it wasn't meant to be that way.

Anyway, Kona the 9 week old female German Shepherd puppy came home with us. Mark spent years deciding when he was ready to have one and then who he would get it from. Everything finally came together and she is home with us now.

She is already doing very well on leash, sits on command, and only wakes us up when she has to go outside during the night. That has only been 2-3 times per night which isn't bad for such a young puppy. She loves her people and jumped right in the car to come home with us after knowing us for less than 48 hours. She cried at leaving her breeder, but is attached to us, especially Mark, already.

Here she is!

Attachments

• Kona.jpg
    Kona.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 64

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Congrats on the new puppy she is very pretty. German Shepherds are very smart Thats way they are police dogs and seeing eye dogs. Wonderful breed!!!!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Mark had A GSD to work with when he was doing police work on the street instead of being cooped up in an office like he is now. Anyway, that is why we got a GS. He wanted another one to train for various things, but not for search or protection like his first one was. I think Kona is going to fit the bill since she already sits on command, walks at close to a heel, and comes most of the time. That isn't too bad for 9 weeks old and only 48 hours with us.

Kristy

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Good luck with your new pup. She is beautiful and apparently very smart. I'm impressed with how well she is doing.

plumberdude

hey there ziggy,
good looking pup,we had lost our stnd-schn of 15yrs. and yes we got a puppy also.
she is now 2yrs and is realy part of the family. we are glad to have her.
remember they train us also :)
she has a name longer than ours but we call her miriah (like the wind not the singer)
good luck hope to see ya on the road

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks everyone.

I know some people are afraid of German Shepherds, but this one will be the poster child for gentle and well behaved. Std Schn. were also bred for protection, so plumberdude, you understand what I mean.
Kristy

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Beautiful new family member Mark and Kristy.

Just a few weeks old and she looks like she is already guarding something.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Very, very cute. Looking forward to meeting her. As to her attachment to Mark, well heck, we're kinda attached to him too. LOL He's just one of those likeable guys..

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Shhhh.... Good thing he only gets the info from the forum I give him instead of checking it himself. You guys are going to give him big head. lol

Kristy

bluebirdsnfur

Sorry about "Lucy'. :( Your new puppy is a real cutie and a pretty smart one at that! We are totally new to rving but look forward to meeting new folks and their pooches!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Our dogs, like for most RV people, are our family and we love having them with us. Our dogs also like to go new places, smell new smells, and meet new people. May be we"ll meet you sometimes.
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Updated photos of Kona.
She is growing like crazy!

puppy-on-duty.jpg snow-face.jpg

Kristy
//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/pencil.png

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
She is so beauitfull!! I love the way she stands ,she puts her front feet down just where they belong.

dieselsweetheart

I have a friend who fosters GS pups for the Susquehanna Service dogs and her pups were wonderful. The last one she had "Storm" ended up being allergic to his dog food so that disqualified him...so another one of our faculty took him as a pet. He was a fun dog... your pup is soooooo cute and I hope to meet him someday!!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks. We'll just be glad when her puppy teeth are gone, as will our doxie! The two of them play a lot, but Kona doesn't understand why Cassie gets so upset sometimes.

007.jpg

Kristy