New to this site...

hankaye

Howdy All;

Am getting ready to up grade to a Fiver and am beginning to lock on to a Sundance.
Either a 265RK or a 285BK.

What I'd like to know as I intend to Fulltime in itis this;

Can I get an "ARTIC" type of upgrade for insulation, double pane windows that sort of stuff?

Anyone out there with the information or able to direct me to the person with the knowledge....Please.......

Thanks.

hank

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hi Hank. Welcome to the Heartland Forum. Yes, you can fulltime in a Sundance. You can fulltime in any RV as long as you are comfortable with the floor plan and the units size in general. I don't believe the Sundance has an available Arctic type package but they are insulated very well in my opinion. I wouldn't try freezing weather without some serious modifications to the plumbing and waste water systems. I will say that the Sundance is one heck of a nice mid level 5th wheel. I don't think there are any nicer out there.
You can go to the Heartland RV's website here or call the customer service number. A heartland dealer should be able to help as well.
As for dual pane windows. I don't know but the website will tell you the options available. Happy hunting.

hankaye

Ray, Howdy;

Thanks for the reply. I full time now in Central Utah (we do -20, -30 and sometimes -40's), only in a 1995 TT. This is getting costly to the point of being prohibitave.

My decision is split as I do have some hobbies that need a small bit of extra space (that's why I torn between the 2 [265Rk & 285BH]), I can appericate the extra counter space in the RK but the ability to convert the BH into a hobby shop of sorts is also tempting.....

I would like to hear from some Full Timers as to efficency of the heater, A/C & electrical costs (I am aware the usage can and will vary by user).

Any Modifications that someof you have done to "Make life MORE livable" in a small space.

Thanks again,

hank

rikchris

We have a 2011 3100ES and absolutely love it. We ordered it with dual pane windows and a bigger air conditioner. My experience with rear kitchens is that the rear of the trailer takes all of the bumps in the road. We have had dishes fall out of the cabinet. My sister-in-law has to wrap all of her stuff in her rear kitchen before they go anywhere. The 3100ES has a big window by the dining table that lets in a lot of light. Also, having a dinnette on the patio side means you are not looking at your neighbor sitting outside their camper when you are sitting down to eat or just sitting at the table. Rear kitchens are nice, but they do get the worst of the action when towing.

hankaye

rikchris, Howdy;

Thanks for your input. As a fulltimer once I get somewhere It's awhile before I scoot off to the next resting spot. I think that I enjoy the extra floor space ( I know the pooch will appericate NOT having toback out when he's done eating or getting a quick slurp of water), that becomes available with the rear Kit. Generally, I run the neighbors off when they see my ugly mug sitting there drinking my morning coffee ( :) LOL). How well have the dual pane windows worked for you? Please feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss any of this in more detail.
Thanks for the reply,

hank

Hi Hank Iam also new to this site as well as a new owner of 3200re whatever that means, so far ok just came back from a ten day stockshow with family as far as living i was disappointed with ac, when kids are in living area ac vents are closed to keep living area cool but when i wanted cool in bedroom had to open vents for bedroom and the kids would complain that it was not kool enough for them. We live in deep south Tx not looking forward this summer with this problem, and i traded 2010 32 bumper pull outback for the sundance,and did not experiance that.

grizzlygiant

We live in our Sundance full time and have spent winter days down to zero. We do not have dual pane glass and it is my opinion that it is not worth the $$ or the weight. The dual pane glass is NOT the same as on your house; the air space is tiny in comparison. We do put a skirt around the perimeter and insulate and heat the exterior water and sewer. On occasion we have fired up our propane salamander to warm up the under-floor. We love our Sundance!