LP Bottle w/Auto Change Over

Hodge-M22

Hello,

I have seen on other models the feature Dual LP Bottles w/Auto Change Over, including on even the MPG line of RV's. But I don't see anything like this listed for the Edge. Currently having an RV where I have to do this manually, this looks like a really great feature.
1) is it available on the Edge?
2) If not standard can it be added to the Edge?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've heard a few owners say their regulator is not the auto change over type. Personally, I've never seen a dual LP bottle set up without auto switching. You do have to manually flip the indicator lever to show or point to the tank in operation. If any rig comes with 2 bottles but no auto switch regulator, it can be converted.

floridarandy

just a case for manual changeover....if i'm going to run out of gas i'd like to know when. if i have a manual switch i KNOW when i reach 50%. if i have an auto switch i KNOW when i'm empty...i know which i'd choose on a cold nite.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
just a case for manual changeover....if i'm going to run out of gas i'd like to know when. if i have a manual switch i KNOW when i reach 50%. if i have an auto switch i KNOW when i'm empty...i know which i'd choose on a cold nite.

Randy, That's what I do also. You can do the same thing with the auto switch. Just turn the second tank off at the valve. I would like to know before I completely run out.

camr

I do believe the Edge line has an automatic changeover. The dealer explained this to us when we did our walk through. Although I do not have the Edge at our house, I remember the regulator having a green/red indicator on the top, and a red lever to point to the tank that is in use. He indicated that the red lever did not switch the regulator since this happened automatically. The red lever was turned by the owner to show which tank is in use. I am going by memory here. We are still in winter mode here, deep in snow, and won't be able to pick up the trailer for about another month. I really envy our members to the south who get an extra couple of months for their season!!
Cam

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I installed one of these on my Marshall Regulator. Maybe the best $30 I ever spent. I know when I'm at 50%. Now I just have to remember to change the battery periodically.

RonBB

I have a 2010 Edge M18 and it has the auto tank change over. I do also agree with TandT above and manually run on one tank and manually open the valve on the second tank when the first tank runs out. I want to know before both tanks are empty so I can fill the first empty tank before the second runs out. Ron

J

Jim_Hickey

Currently, both Edge and MPG use a manual change over. We don't stock the auto change overs any more in our current plant, but do know you can replace the current one with an auto change over in the after market if you would like. Thank you!

REODAVE

I have allways had auto change over. The lever points to the tank in use. I keep both tanks open. When the tank in use is empty the regulator auto switches to use gas from other tank and the indicater in the window turns RED.
Take the cover off the tanks and look at indicator once in a while. If indicator is red flip lever toward other tank. The indicator will slowly turn green. Remove empty tank and refill. Do not forget to open valve on fresh tank after replaceing.

Tumblebug

My 2011 MPG 183 has the auto change over. It was probably manufactured in summer of 2010. I also purchase a chage over indicator like the one listed below. Piece of cake. Look at the tank cover to see if light is on then change out empty tank.