Bighorn sewer boom

Louba

Can someone explain to me the concept behind the new sewer boom. I'm on a 3 day shakedown trip in my new BH and during my walkthru the tech just pointed it out and acted like he didn't like it. I assumed I would just swing it out and there would be a connector to attach a sewer hose to and that would be that. When I managed to get the cap off the end of it a short blue hose slid out with a fitting on one end and nothing on the other. What the heck am I supposed to do with this? :confused: There's nothing that references this in the manuals. I guess in the morning I'll dismantle the boom and just attach my hose to the outlet.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have seen them and think they are more trouble than they are worth. IMHO. I think you have the right idea of removing it and just using the tried and true.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That's the idea. I took mine off as soon as I got the new coach home. There are a few people that like the idea. I don't.

Peace
Dave

caissiel

I had a 95 5th wheel with a fantastic boom also. After the first long trip I could not wait to take it off and us the tried and true method. The hose inside was to light weight and I could not install a heavier weight one and it busted the hose while dumping the black. what a mess inside the boom to clean and repair. It looks great but realy hard to repair, one more thing to go wrong. Actually the model I had was rejected as a certified model for RV use.

davidg

It takes some getting use to, but it does come in handy at a sewer dump station or in a park where the sewer is close by no need to get a hose out just remove the cap and pull the hose out. "done deal"
David