Landmark vs Carri-lite

Rksavage

I know I am probably going to get nailed on this forum....here goes.

We are interested in Landmark because of many things...the San Antonio to be specific because the floor plan has two bathroom sinks, quality, other benefits. We have also considered the Carry-lites for all the same reasons. Has anyone had a Carri-lite that would shed some light on our quest. We really like both and are trying to consider everything.

davebennington

I don't think anyone will "nail" you on this forum, like most people some will have an opinion about your choice. We looked at the Carriage line of fivers as well as others. Carriage makes a fine coach and they have been in business for many years. All that said we ended up with a Heartland Landmark and have been happy with it for 5 years.

Dave

jbeletti

Hi Richard and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. As Dave mentioned, you're not going to "get nailed" over here. You'll find 10,000 courteous users, many of which are Heartland product owners.

I've never owned one but have heard good things about Carriage products. That said, I can tell you Heartland builds a decent coach with a value proposition that is hard to beat. I have a San Antonio now - it's an awesome coach. Couple of things that set it apart:
- Deep rear cap that allows sofa to remain their when slides are closed
- First floor laundry closet that can be used for anything (laundry, freezer, refer, storage) in a more convenient location
- Mega shower - very nice
- Well done commode room - that sink is really handy and mine is now call "his sink" :)
- Very spacious bedroom with great storage and a lot of room to walk around and not feel hemmed in
- Nice big TVs (42" in LR and optional 32" in BR)

Best of luck in your search for the right coach for you. If we can be of further assistance, please circle back here and ask away.

Jim

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I have looked at Carriage products in the past and have been very impressed with their units and at the time they had a 2 year warranty on their coaches which I really liked but in the end, value for your dollar, Heartland will win hands down. Not to mention the awesome customer service from Heartland. You can't go wrong.

Good luck with whatever you decide and happy camping,
Mark

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I haven't looked at Carriage for several years but when we did we were impressed with their product as well. The two differences we saw were in the better customer service with Heartland (support after the sale) and the Carriage was much heavier than the Landmark in the models we looked at. So much so we would of had to have a medium duty truck to tow it legally. Good luck in your search.

ihsolutions

The last Carriage I saw at a local RV show, which was the one that had the whole wall slide-out, was nice, except I couldn't get around the fact that they are probably the only higher end brand that is still using darco-wrapped wood slideout floors. This is unacceptable at this price point. That design is failure prone and very difficult to repair once damaged. Heartland uses a plastic coated 1" plywood floor (at least on my Bighorn they do) with a drip edge. No worries.

noobee

We looked at the Carriage line, specifically the Cameo, to replace our Big Horn. IMHO: Both the Carri-lite & Cameo are a better product than the Landmark... maybe more $$$$$ but better!

CS

aquiring signal

We've looked at Carriage 5ers several times. I like them. I think they build their own frames; super strong like a bus chassis. That's probably what makes them heavy, too. I think floor plan & value-wise Heartland beats them hands down though.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We've looked at Carriage 5ers several times. I like them. I think they build their own frames; super strong like a bus chassis. That's probably what makes them heavy, too. I think floor plan & value-wise Heartland beats them hands down though.

I think Jon nailed it. It was the value, and that includes this forum, the rallies, and the friendships we've made, that made the decision easy when we moved up to the Landmark.

steveb

Hello everyone,
I have a 2011 San Antonio, love the quality, floor plan, colors and two bathroom sinks. My friends both have Cameo's, they also love their rigs. We jab each other constantly about who's is better. i believe that it comes down to colors floorplans and the feel of the rig. The only thing we can agree upon are our tow rigs(we all have F450's).LOL