New Edge M19 owner

Loren

I just purchased a 2010 Edge M19 recently. Will pick up in April. Anybody out there using one of these ? What do you think? Any problems that we can bring up upon our walk-thru? Any neat ideas for add-ons or cheap accessories for daily use?

It appears that the M19 model was dropped for 2011...any idea why?

Thanks

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Loren,

First of all welcome to the forum !! We are the NY Heartland Chapter Leaders here is this years rally location //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...Rally-NY-Bath-10-7-2011-to-10-9-2011?p=138292. Hope you can make it .

I'm sure others will chime in regaurding info on their Edge !!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Loren, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. If you are new to camping in an RV or even camping in general, you will start to learn things on your first trip out. Come back to the Forum and ask away, we're here to help.

RonBB

Bought an M18 two seasons ago. I jumped in & bought all kinds of stuff before my first trip. I suggest taking a few of your housewhole pots & pans, dishes, basics, etc. then see what you need & want on your trip then start your purchases. A local campground close to home on the first trip is also a good idea for those things you forgot. A close Walmart, Target, or other big box store is a good idea too. Have fun & be careful. Good luck, Ron

Loren

Bought an M18 two seasons ago. I jumped in & bought all kinds of stuff before my first trip. I suggest taking a few of your housewhole pots & pans, dishes, basics, etc. then see what you need & want on your trip then start your purchases. A local campground close to home on the first trip is also a good idea for those things you forgot. A close Walmart, Target, or other big box store is a good idea too. Have fun & be careful. Good luck, Ron
Thanks Ron..I had thought about some of the things you mentioned and I look forward to my first short trip. I was thinking about buying a bunch of stuff, but you make a good point and I'll wait till I learn more as a result of my first trip.

Thanks again.

jimtoo

Hi Loren,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will enjoy your new toy and if you have questions, just ask and someone will be able to help you with an answer. And Ron did make a good suggestion.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

camr

Hi Loren, The best addition that we made to our Edge was the installation of a Fantasic fan in the washroom vent. It is head and tails more efficient than the small fan that is standard. We also added a second battery, but since we probably wont be boondocking on purpose, that addition was probably a waste of money and weight. We also installed a Reese sway control WD hitch, and the Edge pulls like a dream. You will find the AC loud but effective. We purchased a small heater, and have never had to use the furnace yet. A change was made to the main door, where a plastic clip to hold the door open (and didn't work well) was replaced with a hydraulic closer. If yours does not have the closer, check a newer unit at a dealer so see how it works. I am sure that you can get one from Heartland or maybe Lowes. You will find the Edge to be a very well designed trailer, and we are very happy with ours.