semicircular cabinet

Cloyd

I have a 2011 bighorn 3670. On my first outing I had to break hard. This resulted in the semicular cabinet coming open. Has anyone came up with a nice appearing fix?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Heartland removed that feature for recent BH's. I wanted it, but could not get it. Guess they realized it was causing problems.
Along with removing it, sounds like they should have provided a fix for those that have it. JMHO.

Last edited:

ChopperBill

Heartland removed that feature for recent BH's. Guess they realized it was causing problems.
Along with removing it, sounds like they should have provided a fix for those that have it. JMHO.

Ah! Another reason why I am glad we got the early version. Ours has never come open and is handier than a pocket on a shirt. We dont fill it up with heavy can goods and such, just lighter items.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
My Elk Ridge has the same type cabinet with the same problem. When I took it in for some warranty work i told them about it and it was replace with a different type of concealed latch and have had no problems since. So I know there is a fix for the problem

irogeo

TGLBWH, Could you enter a pic of your replacement latch? Maybe others could find something similar. Thx

sdagro

Great place for all of my various style acrylic cocktail glasses. Mine always swung open--even after a factory replacement latch was sent to me. DW went to Lowes and bought a very small screen door latch (brass) and i mounted it at the very top and no more surprise openings. You actuall have to be looking for it so see it. Hope this helps. Steve

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Ah! Another reason why I am glad we got the early version. Ours has never come open and is handier than a pocket on a shirt. We dont fill it up with heavy can goods and such, just lighter items.

We've not had any problem with ours opening either. We only have lightweight items it them as well, plastic Rubbermaid dishes storage containers in one and spices in the other.

funntheson

Heartland removed that feature for recent BH's. I wanted it, but could not get it. Guess they realized it was causing problems.

They removed it from the Bighorns, but I believe it is still on the Landmarks.

twohappycampers

Our Big Country has the semi-circular cabinet I think you're talking about, at the end of the kitchen cabinet, with a wrought iron "door". Well I guess it's not technically a cabinet, it's just a couple of semi-circular shelves with this open door. Know what I mean? I don't think it's very practical, I can't really see the use of it, although it's kind of attractive. We currently use the wrought iron curly-cues (sp?) to hang our keys and such, and the shelves to hold little odds and ends. Anyone able to do anything more practical with it? I'm thinking maybe somehow put some solid material behind the door to hide the odds & ends?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our Big Country has the semi-circular cabinet I think you're talking about, at the end of the kitchen cabinet, with a wrought iron "door". Well I guess it's not technically a cabinet, it's just a couple of semi-circular shelves with this open door. Know what I mean? I don't think it's very practical, I can't really see the use of it, although it's kind of attractive. We currently use the wrought iron curly-cues (sp?) to hang our keys and such, and the shelves to hold little odds and ends. Anyone able to do anything more practical with it? I'm thinking maybe somehow put some solid material behind the door to hide the odds & ends?

We not exactly, ours is actually a cabinet that opens up. Much like the shelves being opened up.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

These pictures show the cabinet in our Landmark. These are nice...not sure I'd care for what you're describing yours to be...kinda sound useless.
Cabinet1.JPG Cabinet2.JPG

2psnapod2

Lol, I wandered whatwas in that cabinet! Now I know. See another great thing about this forum. :)

twohappycampers

Oh, I've seen those cabinets, nice! Are they called barrels or something? Maybe this will be a good time to try posting a picture of what I'm trying to describe. I haven't tried including a picture before. If anyone has the time to walk me through it, that would be nice. Or tell me where I could look? Or I could just monkey around by myself. Thanks!

2psnapod2

Click on the reply button as usual, then click on the 3rd button from the right. Image. Click on browse and find pic and upload. Hope this works.

twohappycampers

Here's a picture of the wrought iron shelf at the end of my kitchen cabinet. If this picture works, thanks to 2psnapod (love the name, by the way)wrought iron shelf.jpg

jpdoggett

We have one on your 2011 Augusta but the three round trims keep breaking or pieces fall out of them dealer to replace door we'll see