Hung my TV

ChopperBill

The bed room TV has always been a hassle. I have a 15 inch LCD and had to un-hook the cables and store it somewhere and go through the routine of hooking it back up. Bought a ceiling mount Omni mount on eBay for $10 plus shipping. It was "used" and missing a couple of screws. Couldn't tell it was used and the screws it was missing were the same size as the ones I took out to mount it. Not thinking ahead I realized the ceiling was slanted and had to shim it to make it level. Best part is you you can tilt it down for better viewing. Here is a picture. (Guess I will have to tie up the wiring)
237357228.jpg

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Thanks, Chopper Bill. It looks like a slightly larger than 15" would still fit. Any idea on how much larger a screen could be?

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I've been thinking about doing mine that way, nice job. Do you have the model number of that mount? I guess I'll have to add this to my project list the one from my DW's is to long.:D Ken

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I have a 17" Lcd in our bedroom sitting over a DVD recorder. The TV is not a wide screen and the speakers are below the screen. I made my own mounting brackets from aluminum angle and set it so the viewing angle from the bed is almost straight on. I also have computer speakers wired in for better sound and a wireless headset hooked up to it as well so I don't disturb my wife when she's asleep.

tdharley

Nice install Bill, very clean look.

Also Radio Shack makes a nice coil to join all the wires togther to neaten them up.

ChopperBill

randes

Bedroom TV

cdbMidland said:
Thanks, Chopper Bill. It looks like a slightly larger than 15" would still fit. Any idea on how much larger a screen could be?

I wrote Scott on 3/12 and ask him the size of the 3055 bedroom TV rectangle. His reply the same day was 21” W x 18 ½” H.

Costco has a 20" Vizio LCD with both analog and HD digital tuners for $399.99

Vizio 20" LCD HDTV
Tuner: NTSC/ATSC/QAM

$399.99

I'm considering this one. I measured it in-store and it should fit.

Roy

Sol

randes said:
I wrote Scott on 3/12 and ask him the size of the 3055 bedroom TV rectangle. His reply the same day was 21” W x 18 ½” H.

Vizio 20" LCD HDTV

$399.99

Roy

We took advance measurements for our pending Cyclone 3210. Purchased a 20" liquid crystal, Sharp model LC-20SH3U, at Costco - 19 7/16" (W) x 16 9/32"(H) x 7 50/64" (D).

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We bought the Vizio 20" at Costco, a mount at WalMart, and used oak to build braces into the box to hold the TV above the DVD player we got at Costco for $40. We only got the mount from WalMart because Mark didn't want to order and wait for one from online. I found an online site that had lots of different kinds of mounts for really reasonable prices, including one that would have worked for us at $11 plus shipping. The site is http://www.avmounts.com/ . I'll post a picture when Mark gets it done if anyone is interested.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I just finished running coax to the bedroom for a future purchase of dish service with a 2 tuner DVR. The front TV center has a 17" lcd, Panasonic DVD recorder, computer speakers, wireless headset so as not to deprive my wife of her beauty sleep and an alarm clock. An A/B switch will change between dish and roof antenna/cable.

Attachments

• 119-1901_IMG.JPG
    119-1901_IMG.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 61

Jimmyt5

randes said:

Vizio 20" LCD HDTV

$399.99

Roy

If you still have not got it COSTCO has a $50 coupon on it. I got one last night,now how to mount it.....