Drip cap over dinette/entertainment slide out

Bob Vaughn

Those of you that have slide out covers did they leave the drip cap on and put a rail above it or did the installers leave the drip cap on or remove the cap an make a mess...

Bob Vaughn

It is the strip right above the slide out with the gutter extention at both ends between the slide out roof and the camper roof...

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You can only hope they don't take the driprail off. That would leave lots of holes in the side.

SmokeyBare

Yes, all the drip caps - Drip channels are left in place on our BigHorn. We had the dealer install the Slide Toppers when we ordered our 2007.

Marv

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That mini-gutter above the slide is not common to all trailer models. Looking at some dealer lot photos, I saw it on only one trailer, a Sundance with a small slide at the rear (bunk room ?). There were none on my BH3670, only the main roof-line gutter. Unless it interferes with the installation, I would leave them on. Filled holes look like what they are...filled holes.

Bob Vaughn

They removed it to install a new awning rail to attach the slide cover to...they covered over the holes with the new rail...We had window awning installed also....

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Our drip rails were left on. Hope they got ALL the holes covered or sealed. We also have window awnings and love them.