New 5er and new owner of a 2007 Sundance 2800BHS.... Switch Questions!

Jknollman

First and foremost hello everyone! I just got a (new to me) 2007 2800 BHS. The previous owner doesn't seem to know much about it, So I have some questions. Now before everyone crucifies me I have spent hours reading this forum looking for answers. I know the red switch in the closet to the right of the entry turns on the Electric side of the hot water heater, what I cant find is what the switch (normal 110v looking house switch) does. Anyone have any insight? Also.... In the master bedroom there are four switches on the wall. 3 of them are labeled one is not. Looks like the three that are marked turn on lights in the shower area, the bedroom and the stool room. So whats the 4th one for.... And is the powered vent fan really not on a switch??? That's all for now. Thank you in advance for your help!

jimtoo

Hi Jknollman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

On the subject or the switchs,,, the regular switch is probably for the scare light if equipped or the outside plug on the side of the unit down low for your awning or yard lights. The switch in the bedroom, look outside up high by the awning, if a electrical plug is there,,, that may control it. If the vent fan is in the bedroom, it probably is not on a switch on the wall.

I hope I have hit a couple of the items correctly... if not someone else will jump in soon.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you toy. Try to attend some of the rallies in your area and also think of joining the Heartland Owners Club.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jason, The other switch in the closet by the door may be for a ceiling fan if your rig has one.

I'm not too sure about the 4th switch in the bedroom. Possibly a 2nd switch for the lights over the vanity on a 3 way circuit?

If you have a fantastic fan in the bedroom area, it should be controlled by a small square thermostat. It is a rain sensing fan and will close when moisture is detected on a sensor up top. The fan itself has a round speed control switch and a rocker switch. If the round speed control is off, the fan will not operate period. Set that round switch to 1, 2 or 3. The rocker switch will control the fan motor as long as the thermostat is set to a midway point on the slider control. It can be really confusing to figure out the fans operation. The knob that can be turned to open the vent can be pushed up for auto operation by the thermostat or pulled down and rotated to open the vent manually. Now that I have you thoroughly confused, just play with it for a while. You'll figure it out. I hope this helps some.

Jknollman

Thanks for the info. Fast too!! It doesn't have the ceiling fan option, whatever the switch is for draws quite a load ( or has a short in it) as it tripped my 15a breaker I had it plugged into at home. I have it plugged in just for the interior lights, charge the battery etc etc. I pulled the cover off. It has 12g romex coming into and out of the switch. I'll try to take a picture of it tomorrow. It's to the right of the red eater heater electric mode switch and a normal residential wall switch. Thanks everyone. The manuals are very vague! So was the previous owner. ;)