TV/touch screen speakers?

RuralPastor

Does your TV play sound through the ceiling speakers on regular channels? Mine does not. Is this normal? It seems that the touch screen would amplify the sound back through the ceiling speakers. Owners manual was no help. Thanks, Mark.

jimtoo

Re: TV/touch scren speakers?

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Most likely your TV is not hooked to the sound system. You will need to run cables from the TV output to the sound system input. Then your sound system will need to be switched to Aux input or someplace where it can find the incoming signals. I'm sure someone else with a Caliber will jump in and tell us for sure.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

BorgX

Definitely not hooked up that way at the factory. My stereo does not have the aux input either so even running a wire wouldn't help. I have a 2011 North Trail 21FBS...

pegmikef

Definitely not hooked up that way at the factory. My stereo does not have the aux input either so even running a wire wouldn't help. I have a 2011 North Trail 21FBS...

What kind of unit do you have? My North Trail has the Touch Audio and my Edge had a Jensen. Both were wired incorrectly when I got them. The Jensen has a lot of input and output (including audio in) pigtails, but you have to pull the unit to access them. Most of the pigtails are RCA jacks. The touch audio has ONLY an audio in cable pair and a video out pair. You can play your TV audio through the Touch Audio unit to the rv speakers, but you cannot play your dvd audio from the Touch Audio unit through the TV speakers as some would like for the bedroom TV (if present). There are several threads addressing this. Do a search on Touch Audio or Jensen if either are applicable.

Oops, almost forgot. On the Touch Audio, the factory or dealer typically hooks up the audio in cables to the TV's audo in jacks and they really need to be connected to the TV's audio out jacks to pipe the audio to the rv speakers.

Last edited:

BorgX

You are SO RIGHT! I had it backwards. I have the Touch Audio and wanted to play the DVD audio through the TV so I could watch a movie when my wife was trying to sleep... ;-)

APT

The touch audio has ONLY an audio in cable pair and a video out pair. You can play your TV audio through the Touch Audio unit to the rv speakers, but you cannot play your dvd audio from the Touch Audio unit through the TV speakers as some would like for the bedroom TV (if present).

This is what I have found as well. Makes it hard to watch movies in our bedroom when kids are sleeping in the back, or even dinette.