prospective buyer of sundance

my husband and i are seriously considering a sundance 2800rls or 2900mk
any feedback would be appreciated.
we are pulling with a chevy 2500hd duramax diesel

roazo

Sundance Owner
We have a 3300SK that we purchased from Lakeshore RV. We could not be happier with ours. It pullers easyer than the 25.5 Terry that we had before.Good luck with your purchase.None

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
jackpineforrest

Since I see you live just down the road from me, I would suggest that you contact Lakeshore RV in Muskegon. I purchased my Bighorn from General RV in Birch Run, but if I were purchasing another 5er, I would choose either Lakeshore or go to RVs for Less in Knoxville TN.

JJAK17

We looked at many different manufactures and decided on the Heartland Sundance for several reasons.
(1) In our opinion you get more for your camper for your money. We got a better price than other brands all things being equal.
(2) This forum (particularly) the "ask the factory" is a great way to get near instant feedback directly from the factory.
(3) We liked the look (and floor plan) of the Sundance.

Now these are just a few of the major reasons. We anticipate some problems (hopefully minor) with any of the company's.

Good luck with your choice. I dont think you can go wrong with a Sundance.

RickNB

We have had our 2800RLS for a full camping season and like it very much. We have had the typical small start up problems all of which have been fixed by our dealer in a very efficient manner. As others have stated the Sundance gives you a lot of options for the dollar. We are considering trading for a 3200ES as the floor plan better suits our needs. We have found with the 2800 when we have someone with us that with the sofa bed down that access to the door is very limited. We purchased the 2800 to match the truck we had at the time a 2002 1500HD Silverado 6.1L and have since traded to a 2500HD DA . Hindsight here has shown us that dont let you existing tow vehicle determin the trailer that you realy want or need.
I think that you will be happy with a Sundance .

Have fun
Rick

Sundance 2900MK

:D We just took delivery of our 2008 Sundance 2900MK this week. I think you will be very happy with it. We also considered the 2900RK because of all the counter space. My husband liked the MK better, but he doesn't do the cooking. I do have a few issues about the design. First off, I don't like the small kitchen sinks. Second, it would have been nice if one of the pantry shelves was a bit taller then the others, Hard to get a cereal box in. Third, under the sink is a nice shelf, but where to put a wastebasket--no place to hide one under the sink, and at the counter end is a floor vent that can't be covered by a waste can. Fourth, they don't offer a counter extension anymore, so my husband made me a nice one out of ash wood. Not much to complain about!

We are just loading it up for a trip to NC this April, so I hope that all will be fine. Just some thoughts on a few design improvements. I really like our new unit, and since it has been in the 20's to low 30's since we got it, we have been running the furnace while loading up. I think the unit is well insulated, the furnace doesn't come on constantly like our Laredo. All said I think you will be delighted with either choice. Heartland gives a lot of value for the $.

As for a dealer, try Petoskey RV USA in northern Michigan. The gave us a price better than Lakeshore and have been just super for support. Talk to Cliff.

'05 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins diesel 4x4 ext. cab, 8 ft bed, 6 speed stick.
Yamaha generator