2008 Cyclone 3210 Clarion VS755 freezes

greylynn

Does anyone have the freezing problem on the VS755? I found one thread where someone reported keeping it cooler and it didn't freeze. I don't really want to sit there with a fan on a DVD player that is dangling out of my Entertainment Center.

Does anyone know of a replacement for this player? I want to put in a new one and still be able to play my movies in surround sound through my Clarion DXZ465MP which I have no prblem with.

I was thinking maybe I should get a newer one that would use an actual HDMI cable as my current setup uses Composite Video cables and freezes all the time. Any helo would be greatly appreciated!

Grey

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you only need a DVD player they can be had for under $35. Blue Ray, a little more. Just make sure that your other components will have compatable plugs.
Also some people have added a small computer fan in their cabinets to help evacuate some of the heat generated there.

Peace
Dave

greylynn

If you only need a DVD player they can be had for under $35. Blue Ray, a little more. Just make sure that your other components will have compatable plugs.
Also some people have added a small computer fan in their cabinets to help evacuate some of the heat generated there.

Peace
Dave

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to get something to go right into the same hole, but can't find anything. I guess I could put the Blu-Ray player in the cabinet above the entertainment system, but I don't think it will fit.......

ultrafarmer

It might fit under the cabinet. You might use a strap and screw's. I hung a satellite receiver in mine like that.

porthole

Retired
I never even tried a DVD in the factory unit. I used a standalone DVD player under the TV. And last summer with Blu-Rays cheap enough I upgraded to that.
With the factory player only connected with composite video cables you cannot get a picture displayed of what the TV is capable of.

greylynn

I never even tried a DVD in the factory unit. I used a standalone DVD player under the TV. And last summer with Blu-Rays cheap enough I upgraded to that.
With the factory player only connected with composite video cables you cannot get a picture displayed of what the TV is capable of.

Can you post pics of what you did? You mounted it above the door under the TV? Also does you AUX surround sound still work? You just ran the RCA's from the DVD player under the TV to the audio head unit?

Grey

porthole

Retired
I used an HDMI cable from the blu-ray player to the TV. I don't bother with the surround sound because it really isn't a surround sound. Just a system that uses 4 speakers.