Just ordered our RW 405

After a year of planning, should we go CY or RW...hey, look at that BH 3650...finally back to an RW 405...whew, did this past year fly by! DH's last day in a suit is April 15th...our blind, diabetic mini schnauzer sadly passed away in October from cancer...poor thing! But we will be joined on our journey by his little sister schnauzer Scooter and the newest addition, Willie the Snow Show Siamese...one year old on April 25th.

I was so discouraged at one point in my search for our dream coach...the prices vary so widely depending on what region of the US you live in. We were going to 'settle' on a 2007 CY 3795, made an offer for a very fair price, started the paperwork...I mentioned that we want to stay with Heartland, even if it is an older unit...too bad we can't afford our dream chariot...and Christine simply said...what do you want? Let me see if I can work some magic!! Boy, oh, boy did she ever!

So, we not only got our dream unit, but also got to order it from scratch!! Wahooo! I'm so happy and excited I could just spit!! hee hee We ordered the Kona decor, no electric beds in the garage so we can put up shelving or racks back there. That and no Onan genny were the two major ticket items we didn't want, so it really drove the price down. And no one else....NO ONE ELSE!! will have lived in it before us. :cool:

We are so blessed to have been planning for what seemed like forever. We have a buyer for our condo, a buyer for our car...a 2008 Ford F-450 dually fell into our laps with a price so fair, it was almost as if God sent it to us. We get to give away our 'treasures' to the kids while were still alive and get to see them enjoy...what a great life!!

So, does anyone have any tips/mods/ help ideas for the RW 405? Any issues we need to be aware of? TIA!!

Kitty

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Kitty, Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. The only tip I have is to enjoy your new dream and remember we're here to help give advice when you need it. This is a very member friendly forum where there really is no such thing as a stupid question. When you pick up your new rig, be sure the dealer shows you everything. Audio, Video, and all aspects of the plumbing systems. Water heater, furnace and everything else. Most of all, have fun & travel safe.

Thank you! We are really looking forward to our fulltimer journey. We plan to 'stay out' for as long as DH can swing his leg over the Harley.

We went with the 405 for the cross-seating layout and it had an island in the kitchen. Anyone else out there have one and wish to share pictures? I've scoured the net looking at as many pictures as I can find for this model, but there aren't too many out there.

Our dealer requires that you spend the night in their lot and go through each system. Cook a meal, take a shower, run the washer/dryer etc have you set-up, tear down...part of their VIP program. So far, we are being treated like family and I really don't expect that to change.

The only thing that will make us happier is actually getting the unit home! Thanks! ~Kitty

jimtoo

Hi Kitty,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Yes,,, when you get it, do a really good PDI and then take it out and make lots of great memories.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

I do have a question...we have a painting we would like to hang...it is an oil portrait of our beloved Boone painted by a local artist. It is quite a heavy frame. How does one hang pictures or other things on an RV wall? Thank you! Kitty

porthole

Retired
These things are not built like houses, so that limits you options. Some things that we "hang we take off the wall when we pack up. Even the small picture nails will work for that.
Anything you want to put up and leave you will have to mount differently. Find a stud or some solid backing and "ruin the frame" On boats we just drill the frame and run screws through to a solid surface. The screws are a little unsightly but the objects stay put.

If the viable screws are an issue you can drill and plug the frame.

3M makes some real good "stick on" hangers you could try

Thank you!! I looked it up and found teh 3m product you were talking about. I kinda figured there would be things we'd take down while in transit, but this picture is so special that we'll want it up permanently.

OK, another dumb question, lol...are the refrigerator doors magnetized? If not, I can tape pictures up there, but am wondering if little magnets will stick or not. Gosh, I don't know if I can wait a whole 5 weeks, hee hee! So excited to get our new home!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Heavy duty velcro works quite well to hang things. We have used "molly fastners" at times also, but once in, they are there to stay. Those we used to hang shelfs with. BUT DON'T use any longer than 1 1/2" on any exterior walls. The main thing to remember is, that your pulling a "rolling earth quake" behind you.

No, The only place we found for magnets was the range fan/vent. Maybe you could find something that will hand on a wall the magnets will stick to.