Leveling System for a 3055RL

Marbill

Looking to have a leveling system installed on my '09 Big Horn 5th Wheel (3055RL). Most of my camping is in the Rockies where you seldom find a level spot...wife and I are both weary of the blocks under the tires routine for side-to-side leveling. Could use some advice from anyone who has had an aftermarket leveling system installed as to a recommended system and anticipated cost.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
There are many threads on this subject. I started a thread on the Quadra Bigfoot System . Do an advanced search (top right hand corner) on Leveling using google search. It only searched the Heartland forum.
Yes the Bigfoot system may be more expensive than Lippert Levelup especially if you don't have it installed during the Goshen Rally.

I noted some of the things about Bigfoot that might be interesting to you in the above linked thread. Another thing, Levelup has a limit of being out of level more than 3* then you must get it closer to level before it will level your system.
With my Bigfoot I was out of level by more than 4* and it had no problems. I have had Zero problems with Bigfoot.

I am not going to post what I think are some of the problems with the Levelup system. I will let others that are using that system give you the good and bad points on the Levelup.

BC

Marbill

Many thanks, BC. I had reviewed the other threads, but most seemed to concern larger/heavier 5th Wheels than mine. Wasn't sure if there were other options out there. Thanks for pointing out the limit for out of level tolerance on the Levelup...could be a big deal in the mountains.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I have the Rieco-Titan Ground Control system and have been happy with it. There are a few posts on it on the forum. You can install it yourself if you're a little handy. No hydraulics to run and a lot of built-in safety over-rides. It will lift the trailer completely off the ground if needed. Scary looking, but it's fine..LOL

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
WE have a 07 3055RL and last year we had Level up system put on it and it is great!! Our drive way is not level at all but with the level up Kenny just pushes a button and in a couple min. it's level. Kenny loves it no more guessing or checking. It's not cheap but well worth the money.

I agree with Kathy, we had the "level up" installed last summer. So far no problems with it. Just push a button and stand back and watch it level up.
Great addition and well worth the money.

CE

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
We have the 6 leg Lippert Level Up installed. It works great in "auto level", and for the few occasions I have encountered when the slope parameters are exceeded for "auto level", I switch to "manual" mode and level the trailer that way. The control module has amber LED's to indicate low side, and when the trailer is level, a centered green LED illuminates. I have had the trailer manually leveled with all tires (both axles) off the ground.

Lippert level-up is limited to 3 degs side to side in auto and 5 degs side to side in manual. You can use manual to get it within 3 degs than touch auto or you can level fully in manual. 5 degs is a lot. My hitch tilts side to side 4 degs.

Earl

Dutch & Di

I have to agree with TX Bobcat. We put the Big Foot on about a year and a half ago. We are totally happy with it. We had Power Plus levelers on before that and while they were very good, we felt the BF System offered more. Diana

Last edited: