Texas hill country

WILBOLT

Just got back from a great 4 day get away in Hill Country. We stayed at Cottonwood Creek RV Resort right outside of Dripping Springs. Great park, very quiet and clean just off Hwy 290. Great central location for day trips to Salt Lick Bar-B-Q, numerous Wineries and LBJ Ranch/Texas Whitehouse.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We love it there. Have you tried the River Road campgrounds along the Guadalupe at Canyon Lake?

WILBOLT

Hi Lee and Linda, we haven't tried that one yet. Please send me the details on it or their website address and we will check it out. By the way, my wife and I both were born and raised in Chattanooga. We have lived in Conroe, Tx. since 1975 but we still love the southeast and miss the mountains and seasonal changes. Our favorite camping area is in and around the Hill Country. We like Mill Creek Ranch in Canton Tx. as well. Have you been there yet.
Have a blessed day and week,
Bill

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We found a great Burger near Fredericksburg. It's at Alamo Springs Cafe which is 10 miles south of F'burg on Old San Antonio Road. Another attraction that we would have liked to see is the Tunnel Cave bat emergence which occurs when the Bats come back from their migration, Usually sometime in May. Alamo Springs Cafe is a stones throw from the Bat viewing area. Signage is on Old S.A. Road. The cafe also has seared prime rib on Friday night. You won't leave hungry. The baked potato is about the size of a football and perfectly done. On the side they put containers of butter, sour cream and bacon bits. I could live at that place. Oh yeah, Live music outside on Friday evenings.

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ray........just exactly how big is a fiootbal??? Is that larger or smaller than a football?
Had to axed.

Peace
Dave

GOTTOYS

Been in the Hill Country since Feb 1st at a top secret location outside of Kerrville. Booked for next year already. About 75% of the place is already booked for next year already. Heading home on Weds. We had the best Winter experience ever. We just love this area....Don

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Been in the Hill Country since Feb 1st at a top secret location outside of Kerrville. Booked for next year already. About 75% of the place is already booked for next year already. Heading home on Weds. We had the best Winter experience ever. We just love this area....Don
I could get into too much trouble in Kerrville. Gibsons, if you know what I mean...;):D

jbeletti

Gibsons = awesome! I managed to shop and not buy a thing this time. Obviously I didn't need anything, as they'd likely had have it in stock :)

Jim

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
In another life, a loooong time ago, I worked for the Gibsons store in LaMarque TX. They were the early Wal Mart chain and it was a good place to work. I actually met the Gibson family that established the chain.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hey Jay, I worked at Gibson's Discount Center in Port Arthur when I was in High School in 1965.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I worked there from 1968-1974. I was the sporting good buyer for four stores.