need help hooking up dish network

szewczyk_john

I have dish network at home and an extra dish for the RV. We take on of our receivers with us. In our old trailer I ran 2 wires (one from each head) through a window to the back of my dish receiver. NOw with the road warrior I need to know where the wires go to the hook up center and where to hook up the receiver now. My hook up center has 4 hookups 1 for cable and 3 labeled as sat hookups?? I can not find any instructions what so ever for these hook ups. Any help from some one with experience with Dish network would be appreciated.

SmokeyBare

John,

If your using a meter to aid you with the set-up of the Dish for the RV it will help. When You have the receiver connected to the antenna connection at the TV, go outside and connect a cable to your Signal Meter. The Signal Meter often has a LED light built into the Meter. When Your connected to the correct satellite cable connection in the docking station that LED Light will illuminate. Hope this gets you started with the connection.

Marv

hoefler

Your best bet would be to call Heartland customer service, the would be able to tell you how it is wired.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
John, There is a Road Warrior schematic wiring diagram in HOOT Manuals. Click here. Hope this is what you are looking for.

Bayouslug

Just got our 2011 bighorn......traded in our 2009 coachman .......just wondering if they have the rg6 satellite cable running thru the trailer unlike our coachman. With the bighorn we can't seem to lock in on a satellite....using the redneck technique ....point and compass! The tv in the rear compartment was placed in the wrong spot....when the tv came down it broke off the cable end. Hubby is unhappy he missed deadliest catch again tonight!