3010 LP quick connect and bbq??

bggrndodge

Still have not recieved my new 3010 yet, but am looking for a bbq for it. Where is the LP quick connect, what does the fitting look like (Picture?), and what bbq is anyone running? My last TH had one that attached to the side of the trailer (RV que), I can go that way or a stand alone on a table, no big deal, just curious what people are using.

Thanks,
Jake

Riverman

Our Cyclone has the LP coupler mounted just ahead of the front entry door. We have the Weber Q200 and find it much more convenient using just the small propane cylinders. That way you have no line to trip over and unlimited distance in which to set up the grill. If you decide to use the direct line coupler, you will need to remove any regulator that you have on your bbq, as the supply is from the low pressure side of the coachs propane system.

porthole

Retired
Are you sure you are getting a "plug in connection"
Mine turned out to be just a "Tee" adapter for the tank, which I returned (and never got my money back from the dealer)

I have a tee for the tank and use 2-12' hoses to move the grill where I want it.
I have on occasion just taken an extra 20 pound propane tank with me.

I did put a tee in my LPG pipes, but the grill needs to have the regulator removed to work properly then, and I haven't done that.

Stinger381

Mine had the quick disconnect just to the right of the entry steps as well. I got a Weber Q220 from Sports Academy on sale and I simply love it ! It is an awesome grill and I bought the storage bag for it and it's really easy to store with no mess. There are disposable drip pans that you can throw away after using it on a camp outing. I did break down and make a hose to use the quick disconnect but I really think it might be just as easy to use the disposable bottles.

dbhutchins

Interesting question,

Our 3210 had no LP fittings anywhere. So one of the first things I did was buy a T fitting at Camping World (that also had a guage on it). Then I got a 10' hose and a Cuisinart portable grill. We hook the grill up to the T in the LPG cabinet, and grill on a table just along side the front entrance. Works like a champ, and we're really happy with the setup. The grill is here: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/cuisinart-all-foods-gas-grill/48963 and all the propane bits are in the Camping World catalog (or any RV equipment store, I'm sure).

Happy BBQ'ing!

bggrndodge

Thanks for the info, I really like that grill, I have seen it on Amazon. I will wait to get the trailer here and then figure out if it has the fitting or not. They told me it did, but when I asked where it was located, the sales guy said "I'm not sure, I will check," and he has not gotten back to me since. Whatever, the trailer is in transit now...

Jake

Lamphere

We just got our 2812 and it is the same quick connect just to the right of the door. Same as the other post. We are looking at the RVQ, we had one on our last camper and really liked it. Does anyone have information on mounting them on the side of the camper. We had that before but if was aluminum and not gel coated sides.

pegmikef

My North Trail 26LRSS came with a LP T-connector to the right of the kitchen door, but it just had a plug in it. Heartland told me that they now only include the LP quick-connector on rigs that order the optional grill. I bought the quidk-connector from Heartland and the Olympian 5500 grill which I really like. It is low pressure and comes with the hose that fits the Heartland quick-connector. It can optionally be mounted on the side of the trailer, but I just use it on my old coleman stove stand. Here's a link with some sample prices. http://www.google.com/products/cata...=I4ilTdHNEs6ztwfyxZTBAg&sqi=2&ved=0CC0Q8wIwAg#

bggrndodge

Just a follow up, still haven't recieved my 3010 yet but did decide what to do with the bbq. I ordered a Coleman road trip grill, its gonna work better for our situation. No need to drill holes in the side of my new TH and no need for a extra table to set the grill on. It has a collapsable base on wheels, and I will just throw in a small propane tank in the truck and we are now portable to cook where we want!! Pretty cool grill all in all, now if that trailer will ever get here......

Mine had the quick disconnect just to the right of the entry steps as well. I got a Weber Q220 from Sports Academy on sale and I simply love it ! It is an awesome grill and I bought the storage bag for it and it's really easy to store with no mess. There are disposable drip pans that you can throw away after using it on a camp outing. I did break down and make a hose to use the quick disconnect but I really think it might be just as easy to use the disposable bottles.

So, I'm unclear, we have a 2011 Cyclone 3010 with the quick connect and we haven't been able to find a hose that correctly fits the "nipple". I was at camping world the other day and asked their parts department and they told me I can't use it with my Weber Q220 because it already has a regulator on it and as others have mentioned the LP coming from the trailer is already regulated. So, how did you make it work? Were you able to remove the regulator on the Weber grill? Where did you get the correct hose? Right now we travel with an additional 5g propane cylinder but would like to be able to use our on board LP.

Thanks for the input.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Just a follow up, still haven't recieved my 3010 yet but did decide what to do with the bbq. I ordered a Coleman road trip grill, its gonna work better for our situation. No need to drill holes in the side of my new TH and no need for a extra table to set the grill on. It has a collapsable base on wheels, and I will just throw in a small propane tank in the truck and we are now portable to cook where we want!! Pretty cool grill all in all, now if that trailer will ever get here......

That is exactly what I did - I carry an extra 20lb Tank and it lasts me most of the camping season- I keep the tank in the bed of the truck and the Road Trip Grill goes into the 3010's basement. I love the griddle and use it for breakfast often when camping with the kids. ( I did get the one piece griddle )

I'm now on my second unit after I my son borrowed my first one for a camping trip and he decided it liked it ... :)

Kevin