Cyclone 300c

71stang99

Hello all,

I just put a deposit down on this model. I tried a search on the forum for more information but did not uncover much. It would seem like a good deal and have not seen the unit in person only in pictures. Initially I was going with the XLR 35x12 but when I saw the Cyclone I was very impressed with what I saw. Anyone have any information on the build quality etc? It seems like manufacturer specs are hard to find. I've looked at the Cyclone line before and they seem really nice but the storage for this model seems to be small but should work okay.

Thanks

Mike Aplin

Hello all,

I just put a deposit down on this model. I tried a search on the forum for more information but did not uncover much. It would seem like a good deal and have not seen the unit in person only in pictures. Initially I was going with the XLR 35x12 but when I saw the Cyclone I was very impressed with what I saw. Anyone have any information on the build quality etc? It seems like manufacturer specs are hard to find. I've looked at the Cyclone line before and they seem really nice but the storage for this model seems to be small but should work okay.

Thanks

Good morning and thank you for joining the Heartland RV family. If you have any questions that we may assist you with feel free to contact us here at the factory. The NEW 300C is an awesome floor plan with a ton of features, benefits, and industry firsts!! Take care, Mike

6.7powerstroke

I just picked up the road warrior 30c which is basically the exact same trailer. We are using it for the first time this weekend and love it. The floorplan is really great and the high slideout makes a huge difference. I will tell you this is a heavy trailer. Pin weight is around 3000 pounds so you need at least a one ton to pull it. Way too much for a 3/4 ton. The front cap really helps in the wind, it was very stable on the way to Santa Fe where it was very windy. This is much better built camper than our 2010 keystone we traded in. Take the plunge, you will love it. Feel free to ask any questions you have and I will try to answer.

71stang99

I just picked up the road warrior 30c which is basically the exact same trailer. We are using it for the first time this weekend and love it. The floorplan is really great and the high slideout makes a huge difference. I will tell you this is a heavy trailer. Pin weight is around 3000 pounds so you need at least a one ton to pull it. Way too much for a 3/4 ton. The front cap really helps in the wind, it was very stable on the way to Santa Fe where it was very windy. This is much better built camper than our 2010 keystone we traded in. Take the plunge, you will love it. Feel free to ask any questions you have and I will try to answer.

Thanks for the replies to all. My tow vehicle is an 09 F350 CC long bed diesel. I was a little alarmed at the pin weight but I figured an F350 should be able to tow it. Also I will checkout the Road Warrior model for further comparison. I've hauled 3k in rock in the bed and the truck didnt even sag so I hope its ok.

71stang99

Will a 16k hitch be ok for this trailer? Also after doing some research on the Road Warrior 30C it looks almost exactly like the 300C. There are a few nice videos on youtube (none for the 300C that I could find), I dont know if they were early production models as they had what looked like zero storage up front unlike the revised design of the 300C from the pictures on the web. The 30C is a very nice trailer, the exterior colour scheme is especially nice.

6.7powerstroke

I think 16k is too light for the hitch. The stats on heartland's website are not accruate. The gVWR of the trailer is 16k, not 14k like it says online. We went with the RW because we liked the color scheme and the dealer. It also hit production earlier. There was no storage on the earlier ones but they actually stopped production to add one. I have it on mine. It isn't anything to write home about but enough to hold my basic stuff. The other thing is there is no storage for the sewer hose as there is no bumper. I had to make something from home depot. The titanium nose cone is awesome but it does add some weight. I am in the last leg of a 600 mile trip and my truck certainly worked a few times over the mountain passes. Tows really nice though.

71stang99

I think 16k is too light for the hitch. The stats on heartland's website are not accruate. The gVWR of the trailer is 16k, not 14k like it says online. We went with the RW because we liked the color scheme and the dealer. It also hit production earlier. There was no storage on the earlier ones but they actually stopped production to add one. I have it on mine. It isn't anything to write home about but enough to hold my basic stuff. The other thing is there is no storage for the sewer hose as there is no bumper. I had to make something from home depot. The titanium nose cone is awesome but it does add some weight. I am in the last leg of a 600 mile trip and my truck certainly worked a few times over the mountain passes. Tows really nice though.

OK I will look at an 18k hitch as i was going off of the 14kvwr that was posted on the site. The color scheme is very nice (on the RW) and if I would have done some more research I might have gone the RW way, my initial trailer choice was a Big Country model then the XLR and settled on the 300C. Is there any significant differences between the two (other than color)? How did you configure a sewer tube? In my travel trailer that I used to have I stored it in the bumper. Did you get a piece of PVC and attach it to the trailer? I have a lot of questions but why do they offer the 30C and the 300C if the differences are minimal with the same manufacturer? Thanks again.

Mike Aplin

When it comes to hitches I always suggest going with the bigger hitch for a few dollars more. I pull with an 18K and 20K on my trucks. It also appeals on the secondary market as these hitches will pull basically every model of fifth wheel or toy hauler in the industry in case a new floor plan comes out in the future that you just can't live without. As for the sewer hose, there are many many types, sizes, mfgs, out there that make them and they attach on the frame rail just under where your UDC is. Once again, thank you for joining the Heartland RV family and we look forward to taking care of you. Also, please check out our Cyclone/Road Warrior Face Book pages that you can join and post all of your adventures and tips with fellow owners of our products. Take care, Mike :cool:

71stang99

A few more questions. As I only have seen pictures of the unit that I put a deposit on I also have been looking at other units online just to gain a further perspective. The question I have is on some units you can see where the tables mount in the living room, in the unit I put the deposit on I cannot see the mounting brackets for the two tables. I also went with a Reese 30081 20K Select Plus 5th Wheel Hitch . Thanks again.

Last edited:

Mike Aplin

The tables that you are referring to are your dinette tables. Initially we did not mount the tables in the unit as we were looking for dealer and customer feedback as to where would most people like to see the tables mounted as well as one large table, two smaller tables etc. We decided to go with two oval shape tables with legs. Thanks Mike :cool:

6.7powerstroke

Same here. But here is the funny part. The two tables have different spacing for the legs. Said differently, each table is specific to the mounting brackets which has to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen. They are only about one inch off. To make things even more ridiculous, the legs that are used to mount the table in the toy box are shorter than the legs for the dinette tables. So, you have 7 legs, 2 different lengths and 3 tables, all different mounting spots. You think there could have been a little more thought put into this one, haha.

71stang99

0526111311.jpg

Well after negotiating and working out the deal I finally picked it up today. Thanks to the forum for the advice regarding towing and the other information especially 6.7 Now its time to make the trek home to southern NV.

I did a quick walk through with the delivery driver and noticed the bracket on both side that hold the flashing on had the metal screw attaching them broken. No biggie to fix. There are a few more questions that I will post up in the coming days once I get it home and can snap some more photos.

Last edited:

71stang99

Mike, I did a walk through tonight when I got home, several questions but the 1st one is where would the tables be located for the main room couch area? I have 3 legs stored in a drawer underneath the air mattress and the table in stored underneath the mattress in the garage. Were the tables supposed to be included? Thanks.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

We just bought a new 370C. Absolutely LOVE it so far. Got it from RV Outlet and it was parked right beside the 300C posted in the earlier link. Now that I've used it and pulled it, I think the "Titanium" front nose piece is fantastic.

Our tables were stored in two places in the garage. One was on top of the mattress in the garage and one is propped up against the wall in the garage. Straps hold it to the wall. Maybe yours is missing.

Bighurt

Looks Great. Never saw one hooked up to a truck, looks made to go behind a short box pick-up. I wonder how it looks behind a long box. At first I didn't like them but it's starting to grow on me. Now if I could just see one in person.

Barney, if you have picks of the 370c hooked up please share.

Cheers

71stang99

Yep it looks like they are, I have the one for the garage but neither for the living area. I will call customer service on Tuesday. I had quite a few comments about the nose on this trailer when I was stopping for fuel or at the rest stops. It piqued a lot of interest and I explained what the benefits were as best as possible. I am still learning about this trailer as it was picked up not at the dealer RVW and the delivery person showed what the could but it wasnt the place nor the time to ask a lot of questions.

BarneyFife

Here's one from a month ago when we brought her home. Unfortunately, the pin weight was too much for SRW F350. The air bags don't let it show but I was about 600-700 lbs. too heavy on the F350's rear axle. We bought a '11 F450 this past Friday night. Those pics will be taken next weekend.

Cyclone50611015.jpg

Cyclone50611014.jpg