Big Country - Auto Levelling

jbeletti

Hi Paul and Amanda,

Retro fit would mean you having something done after your purchase.

Option would be something you can order from Heartland when you order your RV.

At this time, for Big Country, we do not offer an Auto-Leveling system.

For an after market retro-fit system, there are several out there. Most of them work well, but not all of them are approved by your RV's frame maker, Lippert.

I've moved your thread out of the ATF, here to: Forum - HEARTLAND RVs GENERAL AREA - External Components - For all Heartland brands - Landing / Leveling / Stabilizing Gear

Others can weigh in and tell you what they have used or what they have researched.

Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
LIke Jim said, there are a few leveling systems out there. I don't know how they compare side by side. I had the Lippert Level Up system installed after market. I love it. Can't comment on other systems.
Their frame and their leveling system. Give them a call at 574-312-6850 for more info.
A YouTube search turned up THIS.

Peace
Dave

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
I had the Lippert 6 leg Level Up system installed (vs the 4 legged system installed by Heartland on Landmark) on our BC 3500RL. The "one button" auto level feature is better than the invention of sliced bread, it works great! It is also fun to watch the rig do what I call the "Lippert shuffle" as it goes through the motions of self leveling all within 30 seconds. One caution ... make sure the TV is disconnected and moved out of the way BEFORE you hit the auto level button. Added feature for me with my BC is that the front electric jacks are replaced, so you end up with a full hydraulic (slides and jacks) trailer.
This Lippert system is only available for installation by Lippert at Trail Air RV Center in Goshen. If you are going to the National Rally in Goshen, Lippert is offering this system with a special rally attendee price. It would also be a good time to schedule the install with Lippert while in Goshen, plan on the install to take a full day. This may be difficult for you if you are in fact in located in NZL. You can find further discussion on the 6 leg Level Up system on the Forum.