Ford Transmissions Shifting Issue

Flatop

Interested Member
Hey all

I have read several article recently talking about the so called "Surging" of the Ford transmissions. Then I ran across and article and the guy was telling his buddy that he had swiched the ATF in his transmission over to AMSOIL ATF and the surging went away, several other people have said this in the past. I can tell you this that ASMOIL puts out the best oil for vehicles to include diesel's and motorcycles. I run nothing but ASMOIL in my vehicles. And no I am not a rep. or salesman for them. I have used their products for the past 15 years and am very satisfied.

Here is the question

Has anyone out there on this forum tried this switch, and if so what were the results?

Tom of Ypsi

I used Amsoil on my last truck with dual by-pass oil filters. The only thing I did was change out the oil filters every 7K miles had 20K on the same oil when I traded it in. I had the oil tested twice in this period and it showed no signs of breakdown and it looked almost as clean as the day I put the first quarts in. I am going to change to Amsoil on this truck this coming next oil change. I did notice an increase in mileage, not much but some, smoother running, and easier start in the winter. I am no an Amsoil dealer nor am I asssociated with Amsoil in any way, just like the product.

ct0218

I've used Amsoil for 30 years, in every car, truck and boat (and mower, generator, tiller too). Every fluid in every one of them. You just can't beat a good synthetic lubricant.

C

Chulinw

ct218
Have you change the rear end oil on your truck over to AMSOIL 75-90 synthetic. I look at the owners manual and they say to use only GM product # and it has all the friction lube in it. My question is do think that the AMSOIL procuct is ok for the GMC, 06, 3500. I use AMSOIL in my last truck and had no problems. Tks Ken

Flatop

Interested Member
Look around and ask questions. I researched it and found a letter from Harley Davidson that stated you could use AMSOIL for all lubrications and it would not void the warranty. This letter was also posted on AMSOIL website.

As far as GM I would research it somemore and possibly ask AMSOIL if they have any testing and documentaion with ref. to GM and what fluids to use that would meet the GM recommendations.

I will also try to find this info..

ct0218

The differential was the first fluid to be changed over. My truck has the locking diff and you do not need the friction modifier with Amsoil. I changed it out at 90K and it looked better than the factory stuff did at 500 miles. The GM "grape juice" , also a synthetic, is quite a bit more than the Amsoil also. It meets GM specs, and they (GM) cannot require you to use their brand of lubricant whatever it is.