Has anyone considered a composting toilet?

SueJean

:angel: Part of the allure of the RV life is getting "off the beaten path".

However, our dependence on water, sewer and electric make for a very different kind of "reality" as anyone familiar with cold nights or cold showers (without an electric hook-up) or hauling water around in jugs (for flushing the toilet) or the intricacies of emptying/cleaning black water tanks well knows! :p

We addressed the electric need with a costly solar set-up and we live with jugs of water stashed in the necessary places. However, the black water problem has proved a little more complicated.

Enter "Nature's Head Composting Toilets"! :eek:

I've seriously been considering pulling out the existing toilet AND maybe even the black water tank with the idea of using the space for a second fresh water tank and getting a composting toilet.

A lot of my thinking is based on my studies of composting toilets through the internet and there's a wealth of information out there on this subject. I was wondering if anyone else out there has looked into this to the point of actually doing it and what their experience has been. :confused:

As we slowly work to shed the "tethers" of RV parks, those untraveled roads and unexplored havens seem ever closer! Anyway, this just might be a "path" worth going down! (Now if I could just figure out how to get my Big Horn to be happy "off-roading"! :eek:)

Northern Virginia
My knee jerk reaction is that it would be a PITA to use and smelly.

Decomposing human feces is one of the most rank smells on the planet.

If you do decide to go that route, I would love to hear how it works.

Good luck, John

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If ATF and DHS see you with jugs of urine, they might think you're a terrorist cell on a low budget.