Euro style Chairs in a Bighorn

wonka

Hey,
We have just purchased a 2985RL ( well we await delivery post fireplace installation) and were curious about the costs of the Euro style chairs that come in the Sundance units. In all fairness we have never sat in the leather ones that are coming with our unit, but found we liked the euro better than the cloth recliners. I was hoping we could make a swap at the dealership, but ran up against a wall when we suggested it. Thanks in advance
Bill

jimtoo

Hi Bill,

We had the Euro's in our first Big Horn.... the chair is very comfortable to sit in, recline in with the foot rest stool. But,,, in our opinion... the stool is always in the way if your not using it. It takes up very valuable floor space. In the one we have now we choose the regular ones and then gave them away... bought some nice small Lazy Boy recliners.

Jim M

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
The biggest issue I had with the standard cloth chairs that came with our unit was the weight. Moving them around was an effort. We replaced with some cheap leather rockers we found which are half the weight and easy to move.../Doug

wonka

Thanks for the replies, Jim it never crossed my mind about how much room the stools take, when you are looking at a new unit there is nothing in it, giving it a feel of more room than what will be there when the little woman has fitted it out. Did you find the ones that came with the unit comfortable? We are heading down tomorrow night to have a look at a local unit and will try the leather out.

jimtoo

Thanks for the replies, Jim it never crossed my mind about how much room the stools take, when you are looking at a new unit there is nothing in it, giving it a feel of more room than what will be there when the little woman has fitted it out. Did you find the ones that came with the unit comfortable? We are heading down tomorrow night to have a look at a local unit and will try the leather out.

Yes, the chairs were comfortable, I could take a nap easy. It was just the foot stools were always in front of you, or in the way. My only complaint about the chairs was the stools, they just do not fold up or no place to put them away. I suggest you set in them, lay back, then get up and move around a bit. I was also looking at the floor plan of the 2985 and with the rear door entry, they will really be in the way. Sorry for not liking them,,, but that's my 2 cents worth.

Jim M