Verizon launches Samsung 4G LTE Hotspot

porthole

Retired
Matt do you know if the same data plans we have are usable?

I have a MiFi which is fairly impressive for what it is. And my plan is still at the unlimited. It is listed as a business, so the Verizon website doesn't offer account analyst to see if I am using a lot too much or just a little.

Does the Samsung offer an antenna input!

porthole

Retired
Looks to be a moot point anyway. 4G coverage looks to be limited to the 95 corridor in the tri-state area.

What does 4G roll out look like for the next year?

Attachments

• 4G.JPG
    4G.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 16

3Gstore

Matt do you know if the same data plans we have are usable?

I have a MiFi which is fairly impressive for what it is. And my plan is still at the unlimited. It is listed as a business, so the Verizon website doesn't offer account analyst to see if I am using a lot too much or just a little.

Does the Samsung offer an antenna input!

No, you wouldn't be able to keep your existing unlimited Verizon account. The only way to preserve unlimited is to purchase a new no contract 3G device. With these 3G/4G hybrid cards, you're forced into a new agreement at either 5GB of data for $50/mo or 10GB of data for $80/mo. We should have more information on this device shortly when we receive some units direct for testing.

porthole

Retired
My 3G seems to work fairly well, at least until I actually try a 4G.

An external antenna option would be a plus and looks like another overlooked option on the new card.

RJHacker

Bought one of these devices earlier this month so I could "work remotely" at the NASCAR races. Let me say - WONDERFUL!!!

For those who can see 4G on the near horizon or travel into 4G country, it does back off to 3G automatically. Only nuisance I have observed is that it will power off after a period of inactivity (so set Outlook to check your email more often). The new firmware has the ability to set the timeout value.

RJ