flat screen mount in bunkroom of 3494

firemailwv

Dear Heartland,

Please put some warning stickers or some type of notification on the 3494 of the thickness of the wall where you mount the flat screen in the rear bunkroom. The recessed area looks great and is needed to get a flatscreen mounted and not interfere with the slideout. However, because of the recess there is only 3/4 of an inch of depth before you punch through the wall and the screws come through into your Kitchen wall.

Luckily, I measured and measured again to determine this prior to installation and did not have any boo boo's, but anything longer than a 3/4 inch screw will come through the wall. If someone is not careful when doing this, you would have some very unhappy owners. The mount that I purchased came with two inch screws and while I knew they were too long, I was prepared to use 1 inch screws until I got too nervous and used 3/4 inch screws. By tapping through the pilot hole with a 1/16" bit, you can clearly hear that you are tapping on the the paneling that is the kitchen wall.

porthole

Retired
If you try and mount something to the overhead in the basement using 3/4" screws you will no doubt find out the floors are 1/2". Maybe the first time you walk into the bathroom barefoot.

Don't ask how I know this though.

firemailwv

ouch! luckily, I didn't have one of those experiences, but it sure would have been easy to do had I not been so paranoid about such a thing.